Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Trout ?
I caught a beautiful blue rainbow trout last week on a southern Utah lake. It was only 8 or 10 inches long, but it's lower half was pure white and it's upper half was a beautiful light blue with a few darker blue spots. No other colors at all except for black eyes.

I did not have a camera with me and it did not meet the size limit so I let it go.

Any of you guys ever catch one that looked like that? Or know anything about them?

I did take my camera with me the next day but this is the only thing I caught worth taking a picture of.

[Image: DSC06275.jpg]
[signature]
Porker! Nice fish.
[signature]
never caught anything like that but one day my dad caught some weird fish small trout but it had weird curves for a trout and the trout was really strong like it was on drugs or something but my dad let it go before i could take a pic of it. Weirdest trout i have ever seen. From last year
[signature]
Not knowing where you were fishing.... what you may be describing is a kokanee. I had a similar reaction the first time I caught one at Strawberry. (obviously when they aren't colored red). Very smooth texture to the touch...slippery like a cutthroat.

just taking a shot.
[signature]
Southern Utahan's get bored coloring eggs for Easter and swap in a few fish. Speckle the next one you catch and throw him back.
[signature]
They fall in the same class as Albino's.

http://www.rainbowrun.net/troutinfo.htm

[Image: bluetrout.jpg]

[Image: 05trout.jpg]

Very cool, didn't know they were in Utah.
[signature]

Ye that is what it looked like! Very interesting.

Thanks
[signature]
I recognize the water very well fished it a lot and have never seen a blue trout. But the picture you posted is a small specimen compared to what really lurks in those waters. But nice trout!!!!!!!!
[signature]
Years ago I caught some like that out of second dam up logan canyon. They were a super dark blue, someone told me that it had to do with the oxygen content of the water but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.
[signature]
That's pretty cool to get a "blue albino"...cant wait to hook into one of those. Nice porker Rainbow you got there!
[signature]
thats crazy my friend caught one that looked like that at a community pond {willow park pond} and we just thought it was an off colored slimer, which i guess it was. they are cool looking though.

tightlines
[signature]
So that is where Rapala came up with that color scheme. LOL

I have never seen anything like that pretty cool for a trout.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Many trout that I have caught seem to "light up". As they are brought in they really reflect a blue green color. That blue variant trout must really be something to see live coming up to the net. My first Koke at Salmon Falls Creek Res, was lit up, It was such a fastinating color to see. Something that must be seen live to appriciate it. Good for you to see one live.
[signature]