Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My boat
Well, thanks to all you guys who replied to my post about buying the boat. I decided to go with it so I brought it home. Fishnpro40 gave me his old boat so that I could strip off the parts. However, I ran the tags from friend's boat and got the name of the previous owner. I called him and he was very surprised to hear that I had his boat. It was stolen 2 years ago! So, he's coming over tonight to get it. He's pretty upset at the sheriff's office. The record for his boat doesn't report it as being stolen even though he filed a report with them. And when my friend found it, they never even ran the tags to check if it had a previous owner.

So, I guess I am in the market for a boat now. I'm glad I ran the tags and am able to get it back to it's original owner.

If anyone wants the boat that Fishnpro40 gave me, look in the for sale forum.

Again, thanks to everyone who has given me advice.
[signature]
Well, too bad about your boat. Good for you for doing the right thing and checking it out to see if it was stolen. I'm sure that guy was grateful. Maybe you'll be rewarded for your good deed with a decent boat for a decent price.
[signature]
I just found out that my friend and I are being investigated by the Sheriff's office. They screwed up by not running the tags on it when my friend found it so now they are getting really accusatory with us, trying to make it our fault. This is insane. The owner just called to apologize. He didn't think the police would be so aggressive. Moral of this story. If you think something is stolen, go dump it in a field so you don't get in trouble for it.
[signature]
I cant believe that they would investigate you for doing the right thing. Thats insane!
[signature]
And they wonder why people doing good deeds for others or flat out doing the right thing is hard to hear about anymore. THe innocent seem to be the ones that lose anymore!!!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]You have nothing to hide so don't worry. Why would you call the owner if you stole it? It will blow over really quick. Don't regret doing the right thing. I thought that boat might be hot when you said it was abandoned and stripped.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Again, don't sweat the small stuff. Let them run their investigation. It's better than sinking a lot of money into it and then finding out it's hot. Worked out pretty good really. There are tons of boats out there, you'll find a cool boat some place else, just keep your eyes and ears peeled and most of all be patient.[/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 2]Dcrim ... I agree with BLM. And add that "What goes around, comes around". Actually, it's a pretty interesting story. A story that the grand kids will enjoy hearing you tell.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Sorry to hear about the boat. But I am real happy to hear yoy did the right thing. In this day and age someone doing the right thing is rare so of course the police will investigate.At least you know in your heart that you did the right thing.It will blow over and you will eventually find that boat you want.I commend you on your honesty.
[signature]
What a joke! They're probably investigating you and your friend to try and cover up their own stupidity. They don't want to look stupid for not running the tags in the first place, so their using you as the scapegoat. Why can't people just suck up their mistakes and make it right. Now there's 2 more victims to this crime -- you and your friend.
[signature]
[#ff0000]Dang deal, Thanks for doing the right thing. When things like that happen I have found there is usually something better waiting around the corner. In the meantime you are welcome to come fish in our float toy. [/#ff0000]
[signature]