Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduation Present
The last three years I have been in pharmacy school and this coming Saturday I graduate. Yee-haw!!! So my wife being the wonderful person she is gave me a kitchen pass to spend a couple of days fishing to celebrate.

First stop would be Deer Creek. I had a couple of surprises while fishing there. The first was catching a couple of skinny dippers in the hole I wanted to fish. I gave them a few minutes to get them selves situated and head down the road before I made my way down to shore to fish. The second surprise came when I started catching crappie. I have seen a few reports of people catching them at Deer Creek, but I wound up catching about a dozen while I was there. I also caught a couple of bass, 6 perch and a nice rainbow that got off at my feet. All fish were caught with jigs tipped with a worm. I also had the pleasure to meet LOAH. He's is the reason I actually knew about this place and it was great to meet him and his two little ones.

After having fun there I got back on the road and headed for Starvation. I was going to meet up with my friend the next morning to spend the day fishing with him in his boat. We met up the next morning and set off to see what Starvation had in store for us. She didn't disappoint us in what she had to offer. We got into the bows right away. My buddy had caught half a dozen before I could get one in the boat so I was a little discouraged, but that changed quickly as I was able to land my best walleye to date. Taped just shy of 22". We were able to start picking up several more walleye as the morning wore on. We also landed one brown, a perch, several SMB and a couple of ugly chubs. Looks like the warm water fish are starting to wake up.

All fish were caught with jigs tipped with worms. Water temp ranged from 56-60 degrees depending on location and time of day. Trout and walley were caught in 20-30 feet of water.

Couldn't have asked for a better way to celebrate graduation! First attached pic is of my take home catch from Deer Creek. The other pic is of my walleye.
[signature]
Nice looking walleye! Sounds like a good time.

No pics of the skinny dippers? C'mon![laugh]
[signature]
Nice fish! I haven't ever caught a walleye that big out of Starvation, lots of small ones though. Thanks for the report and congrats on graduating! Best of luck to you!
[signature]
Congratulations on your accomplishment in school and all and this was a great final report from your schooling years way to set an eye high mark to date. Hope your future allows you to keep fishing good luck with it. Later J
[signature]
congrats, nothing is a better reward than a hallpass and catching!
[signature]
Congrats it has been a long time getting the degree. Macade and I spent a day on the berry. We got 33 but it was tough fishing. Only cuts the rest bows but they were Nice..... a lot of three to four lb. Fish. Good day for both of us. Clint
[signature]
Glad you guys caught some. I need you to take me out to the berry sometime to show me how to catch them there.
[signature]