Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan River baby :)
Been fishing it a lot lately and not all the way by utah lake either. The only spot i've ever thought was shitty/never caught any from was around the 12600S Jordan River parkway area. Anyway, here's some of my fish pics...(they aren't the best of quality cause of my lame phone lol).

[Image: GrZkc.jpg]
[Image: QtPSQ.png]
[signature]
Nice, i hit that river at night when i get off work. Its been a little slow but should heat up soon. (I get off work at 1am Smile )
[signature]
ya tell mea about it, its been real slow the last 2 weeks and i dont know why, the biggest cat ive got in those 2 weeks was only 16 inches and skinny like a snake.. you know its getting bad when the suckers are eating white bass meat or trying to with there snouts, i had 2 suckers hooked in the side of the head on my treble hook, never had one of those eat a WB chunk, crazy fishun but it should get better as the summer warms it more. maybe i need to try closer to the lake.

tightlines
[signature]
I'm not a very good expert at identifying fish.....
[Image: MJozY.jpg]
[Image: jWaG8.jpg]
[Image: x7edu.jpg]
[signature]
thats a nice bullhead, a big ole sucker and a good channel cat. some nice fish there. do you fish the city limits or by UL.
[signature]
I usually fish 10600S on this one island u can see from the road...It's right by mulligans golf course. There's a few other spots I go though.....I have one private spot that NO ONE but me knows about that has slowed down quite a bit, but earlier this year is was home of some BEAUTIFUL big fish. My first carp picture here was from my secret spot and so were [Image: aUMlk.jpg]these. [Image: sOIon.jpg]
[Image: m5rHS.jpg]
[signature]
nice man i have a few secret spots aswell. but fishing the jordan is like fishing the ocean, you really never know whats on the other end of the line.
[signature]
Yup. I can only guesstimate earlier this year (probably early may maybe late april) what was on the end of my line. That really orange carp was about 24-26 inches and probaly 5-8 lbs....Like 2 mins after catching him, I had another bite and whatever it was, it was a BIG ASS Fish. I felt how heavy and strong that big carp felt and what ever this was, it was MUCH bigger. That f'er swam with my line to something submerged and made it get snagged...I tried waiting for him to swim it out of the snag but instead he only snapped it. I was literally holding my pole and u could feel tension from it being snagged and the fish trying to swim, but then it just made a snap noise and broke. Its only 3 lb test line if i'm not mistaken.
[signature]
i still need a rematch with this fish thats broke me off 2wice, not sure its the exact some fish but ive never seen it and it fought harder than the carp but it just stayed on the bottom the whole time till it decided to get in the current and go down river, i probly had about 50 feet of line out when he snapped me. BIG KITTY i think but you never know.
with all the different species in there you know theres a state record eye swimming arounf in there somewhere and theres gotta be a few northerns from UL too. theres also a big brown that rises in this one spot on shore evertime i go there and i havnt been able to fool him on the fly rod yet . dang
[signature]
to solve many not all snag issues on the jordan got to spotsmans and have them spoll you up with 30lb braid it will cost maybe 7bucks and it save $$$ in lost tackle. i have pulled a number of trees out of there on it Wink
[signature]