Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Tag
Sorry have to rant!!! I have had a Utah deer tag every year for 20 years. Not this year!!![mad] I hope to see 25"+ 4 points running rampant like jack rabbits next year. Not like I put in for a southern unit. Wasatch Current Creek. Rant over....
[signature]
I drew Wasatch / current creek. I've herd of a lot of no draws though. It will be interesting to see how odd stack up for the new set up. Sound like a good time for a gorge trip.
[signature]
After I shoot mine, I'll let you come up and help drag it out so yout get some deer blood on ya again [Wink]
[signature]
I am definitely playing the "Gopher" this year. I am even putting in for the January antlerless tag. I may take 2012 off from shooting anything. Maybe contribute to PETA this year??? I dont know!
[signature]
Because of an error on my part I will not be hunting where I have hunted for the last 15 years. Shame on me[:p]
I am Confused on a couple points.
I would like someone to tell me how 30 areas will make it easier for the DWR to patrol. If poaching, winter kill, and road kill are, as large of a problem as we have been told they are, (and I believe they are), let me know how this plan will increase herd numbers.Cutting back the few permits they did this year is like draining Strawberry with a tea spoon.
[signature]
It wont do a damn thing for deer numbers. Some of our "sportsmans" groups have convinced enough people that if we don't kill very many bucks this year we will have more for the future. Well that is kind of true, but last time I checked bucks don't birth fawns, and the bucks we hunt are EXCESS deer in the units carrying capacity. This change was all based on public outcry and the desire for 200" bucks and not real facts. I think it will be a flop, and we'll be right back in this debate in 2 years or less trying some other hair brained idea to "save the mule deer". Weather is the most important key to this fight and nothing we do is going to change mother natures mind!
[signature]