Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS???? NOT FISHING - BUT BOAT
OK HERE IT IS . I just made some blue prints of a boat I made up and what to know what all of you think.

the boat will be 17' long a a total of 72" wide the bottom is 48 with the sides it's 72. it is only 32" high. it should take up to a 30 horse. it should only draw 3" of water unloaded and about 4 to 5 full loaded with 1000 lbs.

I'm not puting fiberglass on it but kevlar I found a place that makes if for use on boats and stuff. so it should be strong.

I scaled down it and made a model and took some pics and I want to know if you think it will work or not I know most of you aren't experts on but and I'm not looking for them right now. I get them after the proto type is made. if it works like I'm hopeing we will make these and sell them for 1200 for a boat without a trailer and 1800 with. ONE MORE PRODUCT OF MOOSE'S

HERE ARE SOME PICS OF THE MODEL
[signature]
Wow moose that looks awesome. it would be cool to see when all completed and on the water. about how long do you figgure that this will take you to build?
[signature]
Looks like a sweet duck set-up. If you put kevlar on it, it may be worthy of the US Navy! 1000 lbs of weight carrying capacity is quite nice. Nice reading material by the way. Looks like a radiology report, or a physicians dictation to me.
[signature]
I'm thinking it should take about 50 hrs or so to make it. I'm hoping to get it done before we get froze up but the look of things I have time
[signature]
Looks like it will be well worth the time that it will take to build it right. i remember in my high school shop class there were 4 guys that were going to build a plywood boat it was "supposed" to take 8-15 hours or so but it took the almost all of the school year and when it was all done it was hels togheter bu nail gun nails and sillicone and even though it looked like a huge POS it floated so i guess they couldnt ask for to much more out of it.

But good luck with yours adn you will have to keep us up to date on the progress of it, and maybe post some finished pictures i know i would like to see the finished product.
[signature]
I'll post pics as I make it and tell you all how it's going.
[signature]
looks good also looks like it would be stable the only issue i see i would have is your bulworks angle down towards the water so anything you set or falls onto them would slid into the water
chris
[signature]
[reply] the boat will be 17' long a a total of 72" wide the bottom is 48 with the sides it's 72. it is only 32" high. it should take up to a 30 horse. it should only draw 3" of water unloaded and about 4 to 5 full loaded with 1000 lbs.

[/reply]

Only 30 horsepower? I'm sure you could go up to 150 horse just for the hell of it![shocked][sly]

Kevlar? Now that's mighty expensive, are you aware of that? Consider the cop's bulletproof vest, I've heard it cost a couple hundred dollars per square inch...[shocked][:/]
[signature]
Now all the little holes in the sides? Are those going to be for storage, dykes and what not?

I am likeing your boat moose. If one was to buy one would you do a little custome work if one wanted. The only thing I would like a little more is in the front a small door with a rope latch and some kind of drop down dog ladder. There is resoning behind me madness to if you want to know why I would like it all up front let me know and I will pm you why.

Other than that if you do get it going and all that and there as cheap as 16 you might have a prtential buyer right here.

Ps where is those pics of the nomoose shad you promised [Tongue]
[signature]
yes kevar can cost but its not as much as you would think. a 60" roll runs $25 a yard so it's really not all that bad.
[signature]
yes that is storge area I have gun racks built in also. I plan on puting a door in the front I just didn't put it on th model . and a dog ladder was in the works.

OK as for the moose shads my air gun broke and mu part was back ordered I have 10 that are almost done. I did talk to them and the said I should have it by thursday, so I hope to have them done by friday. sorry for the wait.
[signature]
Your kill'n man Kill'n me [cool]

So when is your goal of having a boat up and floating?
[signature]
I'm hoping to have it in the water by jan some time. I was hoping to have it done to use it for the duck hunt but I dont think so the way the garage is going (slow) it will be a bit before we can start on it. but when we start on it, it will go fast with me working on it almost full time. so if I'm real lucky I will have it to hunt in, but not going to get my hopes up yet need to make sure not to rush it so I can make sure there are no bugs in it. oh by the way ups just came with my parts so I'm on my way to get some moose shad done.
[signature]
Sounds fun, when its done let me know or if you need any help I could slip away from the boss for a while probley. let me know bud.

Cant wait to see these moose shad[Wink]
[signature]
anyone else like to give there input to this ?
[signature]
Do you have to be concerned with balancing the weight of the boat? I know zip about boats, just asking
[signature]
I don't think there will be any prob there. unless we put every thing on one side.
[signature]
im not a expert but a few questions came to mind on this. plainability? what is the hull design like? and this is a duck boat therefore not necessary for topspeeds but more for personnel carrying? just curious about that.
[signature]