Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Report 6/4/12
Fishing on Bear Lake has been excellent for cutthroat trout and fair for lake trout. The surface water temperature is 59F and there is no thermocline yet. The best method has been trolling with minnow-type lures with rattles in depths of 20-60 feet along the west side of the lake. Good spots have been off the marina and Swan Creek up into Idaho. Use minnow-type lures in 4-7” lengths or flatfish in the U-20-M2 sizes trolled from downriggers. Now that many cutthroat are finished spawning and are returning to the lake, they are feeding heavily until the water warms up. You can also try jigging, use whole cisco or jigs tipped with cisco. A few anglers are also catching cutthroat trout casting off the Utah State Park marina dikes in the early mornings.
[signature]
Lol i was happy catching a cutty from shore fishing last week one is better then none. Its was 20+ in then a few dinky one as well XD. Hope the shore cover will grow as well soon . next trip to bear lake july pioneer day >Smile. watch out cutties i know where u are.
[signature]
Nothing but jet skis and wakeboards on bear lake....no fish inhabit this water.

OK, maybe I wil try this week and weekend?? lol

Thanks for the info Scott, I am waaay overdue to get out and drag some gear.
[signature]
Fish1on,
That would mean that you would have to be away from work.
Are you sure that you can do that?
Get up there and enjoy yourself for a while.
That's an order![Wink]
[signature]
12 hour days at work is NOT excessive.......ok maybe a little bit.

212 hours of leave that has to be used by end of year on top of my 240 hours that I sit on leaves me no excuse, will get it done soon SIR!

I would rather pull in some crappie and wipers but trout will do.
[signature]