Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Note in 6/7 Post-Register
Editor Rob Thornberry had a note in his weekly outdoor column today. Here's all of what he had to say:

(quote)The fate of a chinook salmon season on the upper reaches of the Salmon River will be decided Monday. The annual salmon run has failed to meet preseason predictions, prompting managers to consider dropping plans fora short season upstream of the town of Salmon, said Tom Curet, fisheries manager in the Salmon Region.
"we are eagerly watching dam counts to see if we can oofer a season for the upper Salmon River," Curet said Wednesday.
Curet will make a recommendation to the Fish & Game Commission on Monday. The commission sets hunting and fishing seasons.
Earlier this year, fisheries managers predicted 12,000 chinook would return to the Sawtooth Hatchery. Now they are predicting 2,000 returners, (unquote) (Page B8)

Well, I guess we will all sit on the edge of our seats and computer screens on Monday waiting for the news to break. I will do my best to try to get the news as soon as the decision has been made. I sure wish we had somebody sitting at the meeting who could text out the news as soon as it happens.

Nothing to do now but wait. Many Cheers, jp
[signature]