Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A tip to to UL today
Made a trip to UL today was expecting big winds (cant trust a weatherman) Turned out a beautiful day. A couple of us managed 38 white bass, 1 really nice crappie, 1 small bluegill and a 23 in channel cat. It was a beautiful day and only spent about 4 hours. Then home to the fillet board. Days like today are why I love that lake. The channel cat hit like a wiper and on my light white bass outfit it was lots of fun. Cant find the cord to the camera so pics will have to be later.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey, you deserved a good day after all the blowouts the past few weeks. I usually curse the weather guys because I go fishing when the forecast is for calm and it turns out windy. I guess I could forgive a trip when it went the other way.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Big kitties on small rods are much fun.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Yep great tugs, was hoping my 4lb. line was going to hold up. Again it was your red sparkle 1/16th ounce with a mixed green and yellow body that was catching fish. Pleasant not to have the wind. It was funny one spot I caught all male whities the other spot almost all females. Now they just need to get in the same ball room
[signature]
My brothers made it out to UL this AM for a few hours and managed 25 whities and 1 carp on jigs and spinners at Battle Creek.
Thanks for the report. Were you out on a boat or fishing from shore? I tried fishing in lehi/saratoga springs but the winds was so bad out here on saturday the 9th. Then I decide to take the fam to the mall in sandy at southtown an the wind was way calm there. I guess it was just the lehi/sarataoga area there was a wind advisory too
[signature]

[quote fish_fear_me2] It was funny one spot I caught all male whities the other spot almost all females. Now they just need to get in the same ball room[/quote]
Best to leave it that way. We need more growth so these hard scaled things quit busting an electic fillet knife per meal preparation.

[quote Fische]My brothers made it out to UL this AM for a few hours and managed 25 whities and 1 carp on jigs and spinners at Battle Creek.[/quote]

If he's the one been parking on the road then please ask him to move over 3-4 more feet. Smile

They're fishing that clear out on the dump road this year as access to the normal spot has been cut out for FrontRunner construction. Must be enough action in that little canal to keep 4-5 poles happy at once, because that's been the norm the last few evenings. Now if we can get the DNR to net the whities out of there for us...
[signature]
I was fishing from shore. The last few Fridays have had high wind and or rain. The forecast for this week was also for wind but we thought we would give it a shot anyway. The weather man was wrong this time we were pleasantly surprised by a beautiful day with only a light breeze.
[signature]