Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Powell report
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Fish both directions from Bullfrog over the weekend, looking for boiling stripers. Didn’t find a single boil. It looks like surface action for stripers is over for the season. You can still catch them trolling, and occasionally while bass fishing. [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]We found good smallmouth action, and it should stay good for a few more weeks. [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]My daughter caught a big carp – one of the biggest fish of her life. [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I launched my bass boat with no problem. Larger boats were launching but some struggled. The ramp has a gentle slope and they had to back far into the water. [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]For next year, it seems like the best boils were in mid-August.[/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 2]Thanks for posting that report. Wish you could have got into some of those famous striper boils. Well, like you say, maybe next year earlier in the year.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
You must have been there during the full moon lull. Boils are back now, and in Wahweap they're catching 4.5 - 6 pounders out of them.
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]The fishing report and bulletin board on [/size][/font][url "http://www.wayneswords.com/"][font "Times New Roman"][#800080][size 3]www.wayneswords.com[/size][/#800080][/font][/url][font "Times New Roman"][size 3] says boils are back on the lower lake – and they are yielding big fish. Reports from the Bullfrog to Hite area say boils are rare and short-lived. [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]This has been a strange year and there’s no way to tell how long they will last on the lower lake. I’ll love to see them continue long enough to get in another trip, but I’ll stick by my prediction that the season is pretty much over.[/size][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]- Dave W
[signature]
We just got back from powell yesterday. Spent from thursday to monday in halls creek bay. Did'nt see a boil untill sunday evening when we saw 3. One came up right under my boat. We tried every thing in the tackle box with no luck untill we saw some other boats trolling about mid bay and decided to give it a try. Sunday morning we cought 6 nice small mouth and 2 stripers 1- 2 pounds 1- 4 pounds. Sunday evening i took my son and his friend out for about an hour or so and they cought 4 nice stripers from 4-6 pounds. We used wally divers and shad raps in anywhere from 30-90 feet of water it did'nt seem to matter.

a-b
[signature]