Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Fun Weekend @ Utah Lake and Silver Lake
I convinced the wife to let me go fishing a few times this weekend. My buddy and I hit up Utah Lake to start off the weekend, and had a pretty good evening. We managed to hook up with a few big channel cats. They were hitting hard! Almost lost a pole when the one in the picture hit. We were also catching pretty chunky bluegill and tons of white bass....and more mudcats than I care to count.
On Sunday the wife was wanting to go on a hike, so I convinced her that Silver Lake up AF Canyon was the one we needed to go on. I brought along the fishing poles. The hike up there is beautiful, and the lake itself is pretty amazing. I highly recommend heading up there if you haven't. We went bright and early, and so it was pretty chilly. It was windy when we hit the lake, and I had only had my poles rigged for about 20 minutes when the wife let me know it was time to head back down [Sad]
So Silver Lake skunked me, but it was still a fun trip nonetheless. At the trailhead on the way down, I met a couple of fellow BFTers. TyeDyeTwins and a couple other buddies, I apologize I can't remember your names. It was nice meeting you boys!
[signature]
Nice way to work fishing into an "outing" for the mrs Smile
[signature]
Nice cat. What was the length and did you get a weight?
[signature]
Unfortunately I didn't take down the specs...I'll be sure to get measurements from here on out on some of the bigger cats I pull out of the lake
[signature]
Nice meeting u and your wife bobooty. And nice cats I can't seen to find then I always end up with carp white bass and murders I think it's cause they know I love catfish and will eat them haha!
[signature]
What would it be like to have a wife that actually WANTED to go on a hike. If my wife gets sent to hell, she generally assumes she'll be made to hike for eternity. Or ice-fish.

Let me know if you'd like to share how to find bluegills at UL this year. I can't believe how they have managed to hide out the last couple years....

Great Cat...
[signature]
Nice cat, hard to tell from the pics but that bad boy looks to be in the 30" range. Would have been a good one for the contest.
[signature]
Wow, those cats look amazing! What bait were you using? I would love to land myself one of those!
[signature]