Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AF Canyon
The family held a reunion at Granite Flat campground in AF Canyon during the weekend and had a blast. While there we hit Tibble Fork and Silver Lake Flat for a little fishing.

My son has wanted little to do with fishing since his only success was on sunfish in Texas when he was just a toddler, but managed to get him into some rainbows this weekend.

He managed his first trout on Tibble Thursday morning and he had the time of his life Saturday morning at Silver Lake Flat. I simply couldn't cast as he was landing rainbows non stop Saturday morning. We had a trout fry around the campfire that night.
[signature]
Great to recapture his interest. I find with the younger generation it doesnt matter what they catch as long as they are catching. Patience comes later. My sons learned to fish catching perch at Deer Creek back when you couldnt put a worm on the bottom without catching a perch in 5 min or less. They leaned to fish spinners on the white bass run at Utah Lake where its hard not to connect once you find the fish. Now I am back to those days with my grandson. Glad he found some trout to rekindle that fishing bug...Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
I might have to give that pond a try with my boys. So far they're only interested in throwing empty beer bottles into the lake when my constant eye wanders for half a second. I spend more time fishing trash than fish when they come along. Amazing how quick little kids can be.
[signature]
What is the water level on af creek??? Did you go off road up the river above tibble fork????

Nice job on the trouts man Smile
[signature]
I didn't go up river above Tibble but the water level entering the lake is very low. The lake itself is also down quite a bit from the levels I'm used to.
[signature]
Okay thanks for the info
[signature]