Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A flyfishing story
I went and stayed with the inlaws this weekend in star valley. On the way in I stopped at my favorite creek and much to my surprise it was running clear and just a little high. Perfect conditions for those waters. The next morning I hit it hard. This particular river is nothing but bend after bend. I bet a two mile section is really six miles. There are lots of places where the river is on both sides of you running in opposite directions. Every bend has a beautiful underbank with willows to shade it.
To make a long story shorter about ten I felt a creepy crawler on my neck. I reached back and grabbed the intruder. Sure enough it was a big hatched stonefly. They weren't so thick that the fish were gorged. There were just enough that the fish were looking up for their food. I switched over to a #6 sofa pillow (they ride higher than the more popular foam versions). After that it was one big brown after one big cutthroat slamming the surface with abandon. My biggest was a twenty three inch cutty and another brown pretty close to that. Best part about the whole day was I didn't see another fisherman and it was Saturday.
[signature]
AWESOME!!! Thanks for the heads up.
[signature]
Thanks! My 12 freinds and I will be there saturday.

Just kidding.
[signature]