Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 Fifty Cent Bluegill
Before the adventure tomorrow I needed to work out all the gear whoas. Decided after getting the new fly rod, new tappered leader, and a few new flies for the collection to hit Willow Pond. Rumor has it that some Bucket Biologist threw in some Red Eared Sunfish. A buddy of mine caught a few of them (basically a bluegill with red around the black "ear") on the fly. Got there and found tons of bity bluegill on their spawn beds. Threw out a Zebra Midge and immeadiately got them to bite. In just a few hours I had 50 of them to hand. Only a few were palm sized...all were thrown back today. Of interest I ran into BFT's Pa at the pond on my way out. That is 2 days in a row that I have seen that guy. Always a pleasure Pa. Here are the pics.

The bigger Bluegill of the day
[Image: 795102.JPG]

The Bluegill on their beds
[Image: 795103.JPG]
[signature]
Nice job man Smile. Ya im getting close to having insurance i might be on a fly fishing fly shoping hunt tomorrow if i get the insurance >_<. Im getting low on gear. We should plan for something fun next week. Lets hope i can find a job soon and go camping with you some where.
[signature]
Good seeing you again Trevor. We managed several planter trout, 1 little bass and 3 cookie cutter cats after you left. Then the DNR showed up with their "Good Things Come to Those With Bait" trailer and shortly after that the whole place was a mad house. I don't know where all those people come from, but come they did. Good they can get out and give those helpful hints to those willing to learn. They were hitting "leave no trash behind while we were listening.
Good for them.
I am taking Taylor back to Idaho Falls Friday so after that we will have to get after it. And before I forget I have a brand new Okuma 4-5 weight reel that I don't use. You are welcome to it if you want it. If not, I will just trade it off for some flies or something. let me know.
[signature]
PM sent Pa....too bad I never got a chance to fish with Taylor...probley best he don't hear what spews out of my mouth on the beach[Wink]and did I mention I can be a bad influence[Wink].

Tell that crazy kid to stay out of trouble for me! I can't wait to wet some lines with you when ya get back....good times to say the least. I have got to get you on the Weber....we found some great spots on the lower.
[signature]