Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idaho makes national news!
I have been waiting for this story to hit for a couple months now. Entertaining how they've done it in true Daily Show fashion [Smile].

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-ju...imple-plot
[signature]
Showed the video to the guys at work on Friday and we all got a good laugh. But it's serious *h*t and I'm glad to see it get so much attention.
[signature]
It may be a funny farce but its not funny to me! Simplot has raped and ruined the land here in Eastern Idaho. I know it's important for people to have good jobs and Simplot does employ a lot of good people but it comes at a cost. I grew up near the Smoky Canyon mine and used to hunt in an area south of there up until last year. I started my scouting about 2-3 weeks before my elk unit opened and by the time I got back a bulldozer had already made a haul road and they were clearing timber right were my herd of elk had been 2 weeks earlier. I was so pissed!!! I too can validate problems with the fish in the Crow Creek drainage area as I have seen first hand proof that selenium is killing and mutating the fish and wildlife populations. I actually saw a half white and normal colored elk a few years ago. I thought I was losing my mind when I saw it but it indeed was an elk. It's Sad that Simplot has done what they have just so they can continue operations. Goes to show a little money paid to the government to raise limits goes a long ways!!!!!
[signature]