Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Jordan River Report
I love living and working close to the Jordan River. It allows me to unwind after work. I hit my normal spot again on Friday evening. No turtle this time, although I did spot a turtle in the shallows, poking his head out of the water. I also spotted the really large beaver that I have seen 3-4 times this year. He was swimming across the river from me, and stopped a couple of times to chow down on the supple young trees that grow along the bank. Oh yeah, and the fishing...

Within a few minutes of my first cast, I had a bite, and bam, dragged in a nice fat 16" kitty. I continued to get taps on the end of my line for the 60 minutes I stayed, but never was able to catch or even hook another one.

Saturday evening, I went back, and fished from the opposite side of the river, and got the skunk. Nothing, a few small bites, but nothing, no turtle, nothing.
[signature]
I hope those turtle and beavers dont chomp on your fish >_<
[signature]
Turtles? What kind of turtles? [shocked]
[signature]
Red-Ear Slider. They are obviously someones "pet" As they are not a native species in Utah. But I guess if they can burrow down in the mud during the winter....they could survive a Utah winter.
[signature]
Yeah I read online about them in Utah when I read your response. I don't think they can reproduce accordingly.

Who knows what elese is swimming in the Jordan River besides the occasional pihrana(however you spel it).

Hope we never get those snakeheads!

Arizona has a self sustaining population of snapping turtles that are not native to the state. My mom caught one I thought I could stick my finger in its mouth, with its mouth wide open I was hoping it would not snap my finger off. Good thing I changed my mind! Ding ding ding ding[:/]
[signature]
You sure it wasn't a rat?[Wink]
[signature]
I fish at night for brown trout quite a bit and those beavers can be a big ol pain in the butt.
[signature]