Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing in Pocatello?
Hey I'm going down to Pocatello in a few days to go fishing with a friend that is a beginner at fishing. Do any of you have any ideas of where we could go I don't know the pocatello area very well. Thanks.
[signature]
Go fish for sturgeon on the snake below American falls. You might as well break em in on a 5 foot fish Wink
[signature]
For what it is worth. I fished AF on the dam back on Tuesday. I didnt catch any but I saw a couple pretty nice ones being caught on bait. Looked like probably worm and a mellow but the action was far from fast and furious. If you have a boat it sounds like it is a little better trolling the usual suspects.
[signature]
For breaking in a beginner go to Edson Fichter pond out by Indian Hills, it is stocked regularly with trout, and they are pretty easy to catch, there is access around the entire pond and there are three docks. You also don't have to put $80 in the gas tank to get skunked. I have fly fished it mostly, but the bait guys do good too.
[signature]
there are a lot of places fairly close to go. I like american falls on the reservoir or below on the river. edison pond is kinda fun for a quick trip. the portnuef river is a good time as well. there are also several ponds/reservoirs with in 1/2 hour or so like mctucker or hawkins.
[signature]
Allright thanks everyone for all the info. I'm going tommorow so I'll let you know how I do
[signature]