Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
boat trailer light problem
im having a problem with the lights on my trailer i just rewired them and when i tun the light switch on on the truck the lights work fine and when i hit the brakes the lights on the trailer turn off and when i turn the light switch off i get noting on the trailer period ive checked the ground and cleaned the area where its at any help would be great thanks
[signature]
When you are checking your lights do you have the trailer on the ball of your truck? Depending how your light harness is hooked up you might not be getting a good ground from your truck. It seems strange but I have seen that problem before.
[signature]
no the trailer is not hooked on the ball to the truck we just have it plugged into the truck to test if all the lights are working
[signature]
What I found out is as long as I'm getting a good ground through the ball, my lights would work. If I remember correctly, there is a ground on the truck side that was causing the problem. Follow the truck side ground wire to where it is grounded, usually close to the plug on the truck, take the ground off and clean it and the metal where it connects. Hope that helps.
WH2
[signature]