Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little help, please? (forum related)
Hey, I know this will sound dumb (hence the greenhorn) but, how do we get a personal icon? I've gone in to where it says to update my profile but, I can't find anything on icons other than my sig.

Please help a newbie? [Smile]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Welcome Jbhp,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Since you already have a "Gone Fishing" icon in your signature block, I assume that you are wondering about the fish symbols by your nickname.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Here is a link that might explain that: [/size][/font][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=22985"][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=22985[/size][/font][/url]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Just out of curiosity, what kind of fishing do you like, where, boat/shore, etc? What kind of fishing would you like to do if you could or could be shown how?[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Again, welcome aboard.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Hey OC,

Thanks for the welcome! This really helped a lot, I just thought I was blind and couldn't find what I was looking for LOL.

My husband and I both shore fish usually for trout but we have fished for perch a few times hearing that they were good eating. I have also fished for Bass in Nevada and had a lot of fun, they were little fighters [Wink]

I've been fishing for almost 30 years now since I was a little hopper almost always in Northern Utah and Nevada. I just fished in Montana in Hebgen this summer and caught a nice healthy brown. (see pic below with my daughter holding it)

I have fished from the shore the most but have also fished from boats. I refer from the shore (I have a phobia of water and can't swim so ice fishing is out of the question LOL [blush] how embarassing!! shhhh!!)
[signature]
[cool]Welcome aboard Lady J. Nice fish and cute kid. Good to see you are getting her tuned in to the important things in life.

I suppose if you nix the ice fishing that float tubing would be out of the question. Too Bad.

Oh yeah, congratulations on your new worm icon. Keep on fishin' and keep on postin'...and you will be a trout before you know it.

[signature]
Thanks! I'm a worm! [cool] My little ones all like to fish just like I did when I was a lil' bit.

I have thought about the float tube a lot since I saw them. I don't think they'd be bad since I have something to hold me up on the water. I just worry about the ice breaking while i'm trying to get out on it if I went ice fishing.[:/] Phobias suXor.
[signature]
[cool]As long as you have an open mind, you probably should look closer at tubing. I have been "doin' it in a donut" for over forty years, and have written a lot about it. One of the first points I try to get across is that it really is a serious fishing system...not just a toy. The second big thing is that you are probably safer in a float tube...under average conditions...than you would be in a boat.

If you get properly outfitted, and wear your personal flotation device...just as if you were boating...it is almost impossible to have a problem that would put you or your younguns at risk. Of course, common sense and basic safety measures are always recommended.

If you would like to see how "our kind" lives, come on over to the float tubing forum on BFT. There are lots of past threads with info and pics on fishing from flotation craft...tubes, uboats, pontoons, etc. If you can't find the site by looking on the main index, try using this link.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?jump=forum%3D81"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?jump=forum%3D81[/url]

PS...worms are always welcome.

Also, there are a lot of "newbie" tubers on this site that have only recently gotten into tubing. I will leave it to some of them to reinforce what I am saying...and maybe when it warms up in the spring we can get a "float tube flotilla" going somewhere to introduce the sport or to pass around new tips and ideas.
[signature]