Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Saying Hi! Intro:
Well, of course I've been lurking around for the last month and decided it was time to get some posts in! Moved to SLC from Boise for work, I'm missing the salmon run, but there are so many places to go within an hour and a half from SLC its great. An avid flyfisher all my life and now with 2 kids I've been bait fishing more. Still got a lot to learn from ya'll as this opens a new world of fishing for me especially with a recent boat purchase!
Cheers and hope to see some of you around these great waters you got here! [fishin]

PS. My wife, daughter and myself are heading to UL tomorrow afternoon to try and catch some big cats! Anyone heading out there?
[signature]
Welcome noobie Smile. Fly fishing season has just start kicking in gear. Sucks you missed the amazing grayling spawn a few weeks ago fun stuff. Good luck on your trip to utah lake and other places.
[signature]
The two types of places to look for catfish will either be along the edge of the weeds or if you can find a nice rocky shore line to fish along. I have caught them just about every where that I have fished from American Fork Harbor down to Provo Bay.

Fish with bait a couple of feet under a bubble and fish it up next to some structure ( weeds or rocks) and if you have your second pole permit you can cast around and look for some other fish that may want to play.

Baits that people have used are worms, dead minnows, cut bait (white bass or carp), shrimp, and chicken livers. Some people even like tu use hot dogs and bacon ohand there are many types of stinkbaits to try out but I like to stick with the natural baits myself.

Good luck and have fun and let us know how you do.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
[bobhappy] Welcome to the thunderdome!!! [bobhappy]
[signature]
Welcome to BFT and to Utah.
[signature]
Welcome, Looking forward to see your posts.

fnf[cool]
[signature]
Welcome. Hope to see some posts of some big fish soon. Good luck!
[signature]