Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bird Refuge at night 6/22
Bama Boy, myself, and my brother decided to try the bird refuge for the first time. So we packed up and headed down there just as it got dark. The fishing was pretty slow but picked up around midnightish...Bamaboy was cleaning us all out though, he caught the biggest and the most fish. He also brought along some gigs for carp, that was fun. Overall it was fun night, got home at 330 then woke up at 645 to meet up with coyote and lava man. Just cookie cutters for me on both accounts. I started a fishing blog for anyone who cares, it has more details. fishingwithfuzz.blogspot.com
[signature]
Nice going - you guys are hardcore! Nice breaking ground on the refuge - now show me the 30 incher!!! I'll have to join you next time. Get out the Big Baits!

I'll tell ya - the wind REALLY kicked up after you guys left the river. Between the current flowing one direction, and the wind blowing (and making whitecaps - upriver!) I ended up with so much slack line I kept missing bites. Whiff.

But I also loaded up on a bunch of kitties. Biggest ran 17 inches, so no new "points" for me. No bass this trip either. But I did hookup a couple sunfish messing around the rocks - cute little buggers.
My daughter actually requested catfish for dinner last night. I asked if Cajun spice was ok, and she said yes. Hmmm baked up yummy.
That was a fun night. Now I don't have to post about it. I am ready to take another trip down there. I might try again this Friday night. We will see, though.
[signature]
I'm pretty sure I've got the wife on board already for a friday night trip lol, maybe even just bring the tent
[signature]