Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tournament on anderson ranch res
fished a tournament at anderson on sunday the 24th. Just over 9 lbs won it. One guy had a 4 lber and only weighed in just over 8lbs. The fishing was tough for the big ones. All the dinks are biting so we caught plenty of fish just no size. I believe the big females are suspended somewhere due to fatigue from spawning. Even saw some on beds still.
My understaning is that the BBB fished a tournament on Saturday and just over 6 lbs won it.
[signature]
So that was you guys zooming around as I was cooking breakfast Saturday.
[signature]
there were 2 clubs there. one was us, from twinfalls and the other was from mt home. so, ya, guilty as charged. how was the fishing for you?
[signature]
Great for Kokes.
[signature]
So how did you do?
[signature]
How do the tournaments work? Can you only catch a certain amount of fish to weigh? Or could you catch a ton of dinks and add up all of their weight?

Thanks,

Nate
[signature]
not worth a crap, caught lots of fish but most were 10 -11 3/4 inches. thought i had them figured out because of the tourney i fished last week. The fish have been hammered on curlew flats so we didnt get any there. i do now where the winning bag was caught but not going to post due to meat eaters and what has become to be known as lurkers?!. pm me for that info if you want it.
[signature]
tournaments catch consists of anything over 12 inches and best 5 fish weight. when the 6th fish is caught, if it is over 12, then you cull back to 5 and keep the best of the bunch. if the fish is a dink (under 12) then you give em a kiss and say in their ear, "TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT ME" and toss them at your partner. (release them)
[signature]
Ha Ha thanks for the Info. Been wondering for a while.

Nate
[signature]
I used to fish BBB about 20 years ago. It was fun, but I am not that competative, and like to fish where and when I want. I enjoy just getting out and not having to compete. There are some great spots at Anderson for bass.
Always enjoy going these to fish.
Thanks for the report...
[signature]
i get all excited before the blast off and about 2 hours into any tournament, i wonder if 3:30 or 4 will ever get here unless i am catching good fish. i have to remind myself at times that if you place, it is not for the money because it covers cost, if that. i would love to hear about your favorite spots there or not. i understand. you put in the time on the water and you dont want everyone in your honey holes....
[signature]