Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strawberry, 10/21
Fished Strawberry yesterday with my 82 year old dad. We had a great time together, and as the day progressed I thought about the first time dad took me fishing on the Weber River. I was about 8 yrs. Old. The thing I remember most about the whole trip was the two poles that I broke the tips off of in the car door. After the second pole dad was not happy. After drilling me on how to take care of a fishing pole, Dad handed me a TWinkie (his favorite snack) and said that when we got home he would show me how to fix the poles for the next fishing trip. Thanks to my dads patience we had many more fishing trips together. He taught me a lot of great stream fishing skills and a love for the great out doors. This trip I took dad fishing, and yes, dad shared some TWinkies with me.

We caught about 30 cutt’s, about a third of them were 12 to 15” and the others ranged from 17 to 22”. Didn’t catch any over 22”. We couldn’t find the rainbows. We used bright green, glow in the dark and white jigs. We fished Indian Creek and the narrows. Water temp. Was 50- 53 degrees. When the water temp. drops to the mid forties fishing for larger fish should improve.

Life’s a dream when you’re fishing!
[signature]
nice trip. Strwberry seems to be doing well lately. did you have to go very deep to get into them?

Your lucky he didn,t get even and brake a couple of your rods this trip![laugh]
[signature]
The past 10 days or so we have fished "Jakes Bay" official name Chicken Creek East . I have 2 boats 1 big and 1 little and 2 pontoon boats, but we have found that the cutts are in so close we have just been walking the shore line. From 6am until about 8am the big cutts are swimming like sharks in like 2 feet of water. we have been using a frozen minnow or night crawler about a foot and a half below a small bobber, fishing over sage brush and we have been flat killing them. when it gets good and light the fish move out a little farther. so we just put more line under the bobber and cast out a little farther. we have been catching all cutts with this method, about noon we switch to a worm and marshmallow and a slidding sinker cast out as far as we can and we have been picking a few fat rainbows for dinner.

It is just a wonderful time of the year..
[signature]
I'm excited for the Ice season. looks as though the berry is coming back to its old self.
[signature]
HFT, jrs4x4 is right on, the cutts are close to shore.We caught most of our fish in the narrows casting into shore with jigs tipped with a worm. We were using the Minkota to move around. We fished from 9AM to 6:30 PM. We were catching cutts in the middle of the entrance to Indian Creek bay, in the morning hours, in 30' of water and the bigger fish were suspended at 20' and the smaller cutts were near the surface. The biggest fish was caught about 6' off shore in the narrows. The bites were soft.

Life's a dream when you're fishing![cool]
[signature]