Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cascade Perch personal best
It's my turn to brag on the meat board. Fished Cascade Saturday and Monday mornings and didn't catch a ton but the average size was the largest I've ever seen. I can only remember catching two under 8" but the average size was about 13". The location is so top secret it has been written on Tackle Tom's bulletin board for weeks. Southern portion of the west side on worms and jigs in water deeper than 8'.

These two were exceptional - that one looks like he is bigger than 16" but that is the camera angle or something because I marked him accurately on a grocery bag and he was a little less than 16". He wasn't even close to 2.6 lbs although I didn't weigh him - I think the only way to break that record is to have a half pound of eggs.

[Image: Cascade_06-23-12_31.jpg]

[Image: Cascade_06-23-12_2.jpg]
[signature]
Dern fine perch!
[signature]
WOW!!! NICE YOB!!!
[signature]
Wow!!! I didn't know Perch got that big! I've caught a buch of them different places, but never one over 10 inches most of them like 6-8
[signature]
oh yea, my winning bag for the ice tourney was almost a 2lb. average, 2.04, 2.06, 1.97, something like that.... those are very fine perch, Cascade has some of the largest perch in the state's, only a few others compete as far as size goes, one is Devils Lake, ND, and a couple of lake over in NY, a few maybe in Montana, a couple in S. Dakota..... but those are very fine for cascade, congrats, I plan on making a trip up there shortly....
Matt

my biggest perch to date out of that lake..... I think this was the 2.06 fish I weighed in
[Image: IMG_0146.jpg]
[signature]
Well great now everyone is going to know there is perch in cascade!
[signature]
Great job!

Windriver
[signature]
Awesome perch guys!
[signature]
nice perch. They just seem to be getting bigger in there![reply][/reply]
[signature]
How many people can say they caught a 16" yellow perch? Answer: damn few! Congrats. Did you think about mounting him? That would be one impressive mount. Mike
[signature]
o wow, thats all i can say wow, great job
[signature]
Beauties! Reminds me Cascade is on my bucket list for ice fishing!!!
[signature]
[quote Untangler]It's my turn to brag on the meat board. [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/data/500/medium/Cascade_06-23-12_2.jpg[/img][/quote]"][/quote][/url]

Still laughing about that one.......

Thanks for putting me on your secret spot. I did well there also. Wish I could have made time to get out there and fish with you.
[signature]
Nice. I thought my 12" was big its clear to me now that it was small.. Nice perch?.
[signature]
Neee-ice!
If you need help getting rid of those filets, let me know.
[signature]
congrats those are some great fish [cool]
[signature]
Thank you all for the responses. After 30 years of strict C & R flyfishing, I've spent most of my fishing time over the past six years on a quest to catch the State record yellow perch. Reverse evolution I guess you could say. I know several locals as well as many members of this forum that can fish circles around me but it seems like the harder I try, the luckier I get. Plus, I don't care for eating trout but perch is about the best food I've ever had and accounts for a large chunk of my protein.

Cantstopfishing - like Duckslayer says, Cascade is one of the best perch fisheries in the US. Like you said, I've never seen anything close to fish this size anywhere else.

Matt - thanks for the props. We've never met but I know you are a heck of a fisherman.

Elk Magnet - sorry about spilling the beans. I only do it once a year.

WR - bring your kids over here when you get a chance.

Mike - You know my wife - anything with eyes that is not alive is not allowed in our house. You called it when you saw my stringer and said that one fish looked bigger than 15".

MMDon - I have enjoyed your contributions over the years. If you can make some time to come over this winter, let me know and we'll have an ice fishing adventure.

Buggy - you are the MAN.

JPeace - I've never caught a 12" perch anywhere but Cascade so congrats to you.

Spoons - Nice try.

Thanks to all the rest of you for your kind words.

Eric
[signature]