Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay
Went back to Willard Bay again 2nd time this week. Well she is still a cruel mistress. Man I need Help. LOL!!! Will be going back again friday maybe one of these days she will be kind to me. I tried bottom bouncing over island then north shore along west shore. Got rid of bottom bouncer sped up with crankbaits and hooked one wiper but he spit the hook just prior to the boat. Tried Rat-l-traps and a few other cranks. Any suggestion on colors.
[signature]
Don,t feel bad, we were there tuesday and part of wednesday and only landed three wipers, but the fight they put up makes a person want to keep going back for more, nothing hits like a wiper!! One was caught on a orange and black rat -l trap the other two on jointed chad lures. Tried many different colors but couldn't tell any one was better than another.
[signature]
tell me about it, i went with 2 other guys and we landed one wiper and now i want to go again just to get another on my own line, crazy good fighters, and good eats.
[signature]
I've found that the perch colored yellow, green and blue crank baits have been working, but the perch just spawned.

I am guessing the silver and black gizzard chad colors will start hitting soon, usually when it gets hot, so do these colors, but Willard is evil, just when you think you know what your doing, she makes you second guess everything you think you know about fishing.

We've caught both wipers and walleyes on these colors so far this year....and one big fat rainbow.

Good luck!
[signature]
(See pic) all these colors are working. The black has actually outperformed the blue this year, but not by much.
[signature]
Went today in our toons, fished the North dike, 3 cats and 8 SM. No wipers or walleyes. It was our first trip there, we will go back, and take our boat so we can cover more area.
[signature]
Very nice. How much for the set? Teehee.

So silver and blue, or crawdads. We had some luck with gold, white with dash of blue, and chartreuse. But mostly crawler harnesses, we didn't drag much for cranks. I threw out some crawdad cranks.

I'm gonna need to play some more with that mean mistress - see if I can't tickle HER fancy, instead of her taunting my desires!!!

Anyone catching any BIG cats this year at Willard?
After the forth of July I am going to start night fishing. That is when you can get into some serious eye action. If you can stay awake.
[signature]
I fished there with my wife tonight, off the north dike. Picked up a couple smallmouth and a nice cat. No Eyes or wipers wanted to play. Good luck!
[signature]
I willl be going out friday night and would love to help you out, I do quite well at willard with years of experence, Call me at 801-668-2322 Ron
[signature]
Thanks for the pic of your lures! What do you mean black has done better than blue this year? Not seeing much black on those lures...
[signature]
Sorry the picture is low quality. The lure on the far right is supposed to be black backed, silver body. I prefer the smaller size to start he year, but we are using the big ones as of 2 weeks ago.
[signature]