Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LURKERS
I Guess I've been a LURKER!! Had to have my wife show me how to do this...I'm about as high-tech as a Franklin Stove. Sorry nothin to share..Been to Chesterfield once this year and caught 3 dinks.Enjoy lookin at fish pics and reading about fishin trips though...Sorry to lurk..if I have any luck I,ll have the Mrs..Get me back on here...Bob
[signature]
Wanna make this the lurker fishing report thread?

We went to the SE part of the state Monday. I got called to work and we got a late start Monday. Never been down there and our first stop was Twin Lakes, where I found there is an entry fee. The wind was blowing a hurricane and we didn't stay long, then we went to a bunch of the other local lakes. Caught a few bluegill in a few lakes. Next day at Oneida Narrows the carp were jumping out of range of my new 8 wt fly rod. My boy caught the first fish on it, a 3" bluegill. A 12" bass at Winder remained calm a foot from the bank while my boy tempted him with everything in the box, but he never bit. Then we started home around noon.
[signature]
I heard they raised the fee at Twin
[signature]
Bob, Welcome to the site. Mike
[signature]
No worries, welcome.
[signature]
I have been to Twin Lakes several times this year, I think the only thing they raised was the overnight fee from $8 to $12, I thought there used to be an $8 overnight fee if you didn't have an established camp site, but the only thing I could find in regards to that was $12 overnight fee, many of the single camp sites are $12 overnight.

The day use fee is still $5.
[signature]
[quote Bob55]I heard they raised the fee at Twin[/quote]

It was $5 to park a week ago...
[signature]
I've been surprised how many lurkers I've met. Get chattin' with folks and mention BFT (or my flag/hat gives me away) and someone mentions they read, but never post.

[center][:p]Just don't leave trash, and it's ok [:p]
[/center]
I have been flattered in running the Utah Catfish Challenge to claim a half dozen new users joined because of the contest. I think that's cool, and nice to see more folks come out of the woodwork. Had a contact jump out with his first post - a 15lb beasty. (even though he hasn't joined the actual contest).

So is it $5 to launch at Twin? I'm sorely tempted to run up there. Is there a fee at Oneida?
If your just going for a day trip to onieda there is a day use area at the dam no fee pretty sure you dont habe to pay at the camp ground if your just there for the day but over night last I was there is 7$ per vehicle.
[signature]
No fee at the day use at the dam. Best place to launch so you do not have to bounce your boat up the road. But the campground it fun to stay at. We stayed there a few weeks ago and had the place to ourselves all night. fishing was pretty good on the 12 inch walleye. There is a fee for overnight camping. It is probably a lot busier now.
[signature]
Welcome aboard Bob!
[signature]