Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unit 45 Hunting Advice
My young teenage son and I drew doe tags in Unit 45. The hunt is Nov. 1-15. Does anyone have any advice as where to hunt in Unit 45 and what we can expect? I am not that familiar with this unit so any information would be greatly appreciated!
[signature]
Nov 1-15 should be too tough to find some does. Scouting should not be required. Take drive through the unit early in the moring and I'm confident an opportunity for a stalk will present itself.
[signature]
Thanks iwantabuggy. Do you know any areas of 45 to start at and drive around in? Again, I am unfamiliar with where good public land access is in this unit and I don't want to get on private property.
[signature]
I'd start with fish and game's interactive map site and then go from there. Is the hunt all of unit 45? Which direction would you be coming from?
[signature]
Yes, the hunt is for all of unit 45. We will be coming from Boise and I am thinking that we will take the Mountain Home exit and head NE into Unit 45.
[signature]
My daughter drew antlerless elk in that area. I live in Mtn home and hunt around here all the time. Area 45 is not an area i hunt in very much but i do run around there a lot. Keep me in mind in a couple of months and PM me. I will start going there more often to do some scouting with her. There are a ton of deer in heards in that area. I see them when I ride my 4 wheelers. My buddies sone had that tag a couple years ago and seen deer every day. Congrats on the tag!
[signature]
If it were me, I'd head in on Hot Springs Road, just north of Mountain Home off highway 25 and go from there. Remember, in Idaho, if it's not cultivated or irrigated, it must be posted. Otherwise, you have legal access.
[signature]
Sluggo, I do a lot of hunting for birds in that area. Saw a lot of does last year along the edge of the burn up Calf Creek
[signature]
Sluggo,
I have had a doe tag for the past 4 yrs in 45. The last 3 yrs 4 of us tagged out within 2 days. Actually my uncle mid 70's had to hunt the 2nd day 2 yrs in a row LOL. I drew a buck tag this yr - finally. For the last 2 yrs I have been watching a buck that the base of his rack is as thick as my ankles and the spread is a good ways past his ears. I crawled down a hill to look over a drop and I was 15 feet above him -never knew I was there- to preoccupied with a girl in front of him [Wink]
I was shaking so bad if I had a tag I swear I would of missed him.
Now to find him in Oct. instead of November.
Any way I will be scouting beginning of Oct if you would like PM me and I will give you my #. Either give you directions to a few good spots or welcome to meet me in Oct some day.
[signature]
Divin-Demon: Hope to see a picture of that monster muley when you get him this year. I too drew a 45 tag this year except mine is with a smoke pole.
Good Luck
[signature]
2dogs,
Thanks and good luck to you also. If I can get a shot at him I will cosider myself very lucky - he is that nice.
[signature]