Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blackfoot river
Just wondering if anyone made it out on the opener on the Blackfoot above reservoir today. I don't think there is very much water in the river this year but wasn't able to go and was hoping for a report.

Thanks in advance.
[signature]
The river has been high and off color for the last 3 weeks. The reservoir was full 3 weeks ago, but has since dropped about 3'. Wading the river is ok in a few spots, but most of it is to high and fast to wade. Hopefully they drop the river level soon and the fishing will pick up.
[signature]
I haven't been up, and I don't know anyone who has. The river is only at 72 cu ft/ sec at the Henry area. That seems pretty low to me, but I am not sure on the usual levels either.

Here is the gauge at the Henry area:
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?cb_000...o=13063000

Prvrt, do you know of a guage for the lower river below the dam? The only other ones I have found are all the way down in Blackfoot.
[signature]
Lower ones are at Blackfoot and where it dumps into the snake at Tilden. I think there is one on Rich lane east of blackfoot at the edge of the reservation and another closer to Wolverine canyon, but know idea on accessing them. The indians own the dam and river and do not share much information. Other than that, know idea of any others. I do know the river is high for this time of year. Usually I can wade any where I want, but not this year.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I am actually looking for a scouting report on the upper river. I think it is probably pretty low and dropping fast.
[signature]