Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello???
Is anyone out there? Nothing new since June 28th, never mind, I'm goin fishin! Just sayin.
[signature]
I see that. I have been heading to the hills for the past two weeks. Cooler but wind has been brutal. Using the Assault mostly but also a little deep nymphing from the boat.

[Image: IMG_4463.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4420.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4461.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4466.jpg]

All released for others to enjoy

[Image: IMG_4469.jpg]
[signature]
Nice looking fish!

How is the Assault compared to the Renegade?
[signature]
It seems more responsive. Smaller diameter toons so flipper power really makes you fly. Handles like a dream in the wind. With my ultra light oars it causes a wake. Tried it today with factory oars and they work just fine, and we were talking white caps today.

It's a keeper. And easy as heck to carry. Either on the shoulders or stand in the middle and lift. Done some hiking with this one.
[signature]
Some of us aren't getting out on the tubes as much this year so far. I know for myself, I've only made it out a couple of times for a few hours before the wind came back up. Other obligations and the wind have made it a tough time this year in Southeast Idaho. Especially the WIND!
[signature]
Sounds fun. Is it narrower than the Renegade too??
[signature]
That is the same here. Our weekend last we were able to get out for 3 hours Saturday morning before all hell broke loose. Then out of desperation, I went out in the evening and managed the biggest fish of the weekend (sorry, on gopro, but it was a quick unplanned release)
That is where I truly appreciated the Assault.
Two hours all day Sunday was all we got. Deep nymphing and Damsels were still working. OH, and leeches. One hitched a ride on one of my indicators...that was funny.
[signature]
[quote cpierce]Sounds fun. Is it narrower than the Renegade too??[/quote]

It is narrower and smaller seat area. Plenty room even with a #27 battery, but not a struggle to reach the motor at all.
Lighter too.
[signature]
Here is the apron and one of the larger fish:

[Image: GOPR0056-1.jpg]
[signature]
I think I could easily become a floattube/toon-aholic, and buy a separate one for everywhere I go. Maybe I better not, and just be content with some compromises that work for most of what I want. The Assault sounds great and would be better in someways, but I do like my Renegade and my Fish Cat 4. They work for me and what I do.
[signature]