Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poachers beware!!!!!!!
I went buck deer hunting up in the wildlife area just between Wallsburg and Deer Creek, where I came across three dead elk, a deer, and a BLACK BEAR, all the same place! All of the bear's paws were chopped off!!! The elks' antlers were chopped off, as well as the deer. This was in a ditch where you wouldn't see it from the dirt road. I was soooooooo P.O'ed to the point where I want this idiot or idiots prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I found two wildlife officers at deer creek state park and I had them follow me to the kill area, and they photographed the murder scene. The officers were so thankful for my reporting, and congratulated me for the find.

So now this has been found, and they also found some evidence of some tracks and bullets. So the investigation right now is full-blown.

Bear paws, I understand, will fetch 5,000 bucks in the oriental market overseas. Antlers will make a couple thousand dollars for a nice chandliers. But it will also net a huge whopping fines, loss of hunting privileges for lifetime and or jail time!!! So any moron who did this wasn't even thinking of the consequences if caught!!!![mad][pirate]
[signature]
Amen to that! They were probably shot using a spotlight as well. These are the people that give outdoorsmen a bad rap. I hope they are caught, and loose everyting they own.
[signature]
[size 2]Hang the S.O.B's high [mad][/size]
[signature]
[#ff0000]I once found just a little two point in a three point or better area left to rot, and just that left me sick and fuming. Good on you for taking the time to report it! I hope they get em.' [/#ff0000]
[signature]
Glad to hear you reported your find.

If they do catch those poachers then they'll get a slap on the wrist. The fines aren't large enough to scare away most people from poaching. They'll end up getting less then 10,000 dollar fine and loss of hunting rights for about 5-10 years and maybe some jail time. Either way they'll still come out with 30 or 40 thousand on top and taking away their hunting rights doesn't mean anything to a poacher.

A guy in Colorado got busted for poaching 78 BC bucks and bulls. He ended up getting 3 years in Prison, 148,000 dollar fine and loss of hunting rights for life time. He probable killed 3 times as mean as that and made 5 to 20,000 for each head. In the end he still wins and will probable poach some more to pay off his fines.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Bear paws, more specifically, bear claws, will bring a high price on the Asian market, about $15.00 a gram when ground up. The paws themselves aren’t worth anything. If the Bear wasn’t gutted it probably wasn’t shot to sell in Asia. If so, they would have taken the gall bladder. Gall bladders go for as high as $300.00 a gram dried and powdered. Elk and Deer antlers also sell in Asia, but a good set of antlers can get a better price in the states to be used for chandeliers and other furniture. If the penis of the Elk was removed, these kills are probably going to be sold in Asia. Deer and Elk penis are also expensive. Regardless of the reasons for killing these animals, it is a senseless waste and the people who did it are stealing from us. Hopefully these idiots will get caught, but as happens so very often, they will probably get away with it.[/size][/font]
[signature]
I agree with Tome

TALL ol' tree and very short rope. unlike them though hiding the aniamls they should hang *as Willy says* High in the streets for all the poachers to.

Now is a qustion. I know why the asians buy this crap but does it really work or is it one of these just cause I think it works it will. Is there any medical proof?
[signature]
I say we kill them and sell there parts to the black market. How much is a good heart or kidney worth now days. LOL
[signature]
[#0000ff][size 3]Easy, there, I know it is probably justified, but slightly illeagle. They will get theirs in the end. I think I know a proctologist or two who could help on this[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Yes, the bear was gutted, but I didn't look to see if the gall bladder was missing. I will have to follow up on that one.
[signature]
What a shame[Sad]... The ones that really pay are us! The law abiding, moral outdoorsmen/women.. I'm not sure about the details but I know that the DWR has some kind of a reward program for reporting poaching like paul did. I think they give tags out as a reward if the poachers are convicted of killing a trophy animal or in a limited entry area or something like that. I hope they find the people responsible[pirate]!!! I really hope they reward Paul in some way for what he has done for the sport and all of us! Good job Paul..
[signature]

Hi there FlyFishingMoose,

Seen your posts on the main board and enjoyed them. Hey if you sold a certian part of those guys (Ahem.. brain!) you could hardly even get a gram total! No money there! heh heh heh

JapanRon
[signature]