Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where can a guy catch some fish around here?
Feeling the urge to fish but don't know where to go now that the fishing for warm water species has died out. Don't know diddly about trout but would like to learn.

Any suggestions on where to go and what to use? I would be fishing from shore.

Thanks
[signature]
You can fish any of the local lakes or rivers that have trout, like the Weber or the Ogden rivers or lakes like, lost creek or East canyon. I grew up in Colorado, stream fishing and you can use a wide vitiety of lures and spinners for trout. To name a few that have worked for me, rooster tail, mepps, super sonic, rapala and kastmaster have all worked at one time or another. Hey, trout fishing can be fun this time of year when the fish are putting on the feed bag WH2
[signature]
Last week or two the Upper Provo by the Soapstone turn off has been hot catching bow, browns & brookies with just a worm.

Or I heard Mirror Lake was hot fromm about 9AM until later in the afternoon a friend here at work took his grand kids up there and was knockingg em dead on everything they threw out.

Or if you drive past Mirror Lake and head to the Sulphur CG there is a nice stream with loads of hungry brookies and bows that will hit on just about anything you throw out.
[signature]
Right now, if you are stuck to the shore, try some of the local rivers. The browns are getting in the spawning mood, and can be quite aggressive this time of year. If you prefer lake fishing, hit the Uintahs, the Mirror lake highway is always a good bet, or you could try the area around Spirit Lake. All the Uintah lakes usually produce well just using a worm. If that is a little far, Lost Creek reservoir would be fairly close, and you can probably catch a lot of smaller bows. Up there I've had great luck with a Worm/Cheetoh or Worm/marshmallow combo floated a few feet off of the bottom. Good luck.
[signature]
from now tell next june the trout fishing will be at it's best... most any lake you want to hit that has trout in it will be good on most day's.. but if you still want to try for warm water fish there are some places that can be good to.. you could try redmond it has black bass and pike that bite throughout the winter months..

from the fuzzyfisher----------------------fish on dudes
[signature]
Strawberry has turned on this fall if you don't mind catch and release.

lost creek has small fish but fast fishing.

East canyon a good combination of both.

Tagert area of the weber has good fly fishing.

logan river white fish are stacking.

farmington pond has very good fishing right now.

Bear Lake has the Mack run going on at night.

Green River never has a slow down.

Middle Provo has micro Caddis coming off now.

Utah lake small silver spinners for white Bass.

Macks stacking at the Gorge in 60 to 80 feet.

Thousands of creeks and pond in the Uinta's before Snow flies

Huntington just look at the forum.

Maybe something there will get you a start,HAVE FUN CATCHING THEM!!!!!
[signature]
I'm not sure about where is good right now, but I will tell you what to use. For lakes, you can't go wrong with rainbow glitter powerbait and worm/marshmellow combo. This works extremly well on lakes like electric, scofeild, lost creek, and other trout waters state wide. If you head out east, I would seriously recomend Brough Res. Its flys and lures only, but right now I bet you'd get a good 25 2lb+ trout an hour. On streams, you can't beat the blue fox #3 in silver or copper. Also, silver, copper, or bummble bee colors work well on Panther Martins. Just fish them on all of the little gravle bars in brown streams for nice big prespawn female browns. Good streams for that include the Weber, Ogden, Cottonwood, Millcreek, and Provo river's. The cottonwood and millcreek are right in town, and are excelent fishing this time of year.
[signature]
I killed em at Scofield last Sunday.
[signature]