Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cj strike 7/13
took my daughter out in the pontoon for perch/crappy. Hit the hump and saw a lot of fish at the shallowest part but only a few nibbles. Stayed there to long for not landing a fish then went to a perch hole. there was one other boat there and he was smack dab in my favorite spot. i got as close as i felt comfortable with and asked if i was too close. he was a good dude and we visited for a bit. we caught over 30 with 24 keepers in an hour then the wind picked up and started to sprinkle so we left. that spot is sooooo hit and misss this year. I would say 50/50. great weather for a while and had a blast.
[signature]
I was visiting my mom and dad this week in Mountain home so we took the boat out wednesday morning. We launched at cotton wood and went about 100 yards straight out and then went to the left about 75 yards. Fishing was kinda of slow until we figured out how the perch liked it. # 6 or 8 hook with a pea sized split shot right on the bottom using about a half a worm per hook. Once we used this set up we ended up with 87 fish in about an hour and 20 minutes. we had several boats come right in next to us including one guy that was literally 5 feet away. He was just tossing tube jigs and after not catching anything after about 5 minutes he moved on. We did have a pontoon boat take our spot when we left about 11:30-11:45 in the afternoon. Was that you?
[signature]
nope twas not me. fishin is hit and miss there too. i hit the hump and by the dam. If i think i am too close to a person i always ask. I dont mind people real close as long as they are not rude about it. I even share cut bait or worms what ever is working. I tell people what i am using and try to help thenm have a gereat time too. Cotton wood has not worked for me this year YET. I am going to check the weather and if ir is good i might head out tomorrow. if anyone sees a dude in an 18 pontoon with a wife and 2 kids with 2 labs and a 1.5 lb yorkey say hi. I normally wear a big brim straw hat.

If people are catching fish and i am not i get mad..If i am catching fish and they are not i try to help. Hit the schools close whilst you can is what i say. I do respect if someone is in a hole and not wanting to share.

Strike is one of the best fisheries ever. when the bass bite is on i take a golf stroke counter and count to 100 (mostly dinks) and then stop counting. If i am trying to set up a fish fry i keep them (perch/crappy) if not i throw them back and watch people get mad at me for throwing them back...I just love watching peoples reactions.
[signature]