Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AF Canyon AOKAYO
Today plan get off work go home get some stuff leave how go up to canyon check if any spots that my parents wanted and looky what we got here FULL CAMPING. Every single one was full up there. Manager not in there place to take orders [mad] end up seeing both of them cleaning up and asked if they had any spots and they just told me go look around hmmmm. I think one person should stay at camp and one go clean up. Looked around ehh nope nope nope maybe. So I gave up and went down hill called parent gave them the beautiful news.

After that frustrating conversation I knew its fishing time finally. I end up spending a few hrs on the river. I caught one dinky brookie on a caddis, one 10 in brookie on caddis as well, one smaller about 7 in brook on prince nymph. Thats all on river. Later I decided to fly fish or try to fly fish on the lake but didnt go so well. Caught one supper dinky brook on a black ant.

I see all there trout flopping around i pull out from adam, caddis, royal humpy or royal wulff, zebra midge, prince nymph, my fav wolly bugger and still they had no love for me. Pulled out silver fox from size 0-2 no love [mad] losing my passients now grab out the secret bait toss bam caught one Sadly he didnt like some bft people so he flopped away with out a pic. Went back to camp try to get a place but still they arnt in there trailer [mad] they need more workers up there if people are trying to book. Went back to lake and caught one before the day.

I end up just catching 6 fish but still had a fun time. I just wish I had more time to go to my secret river spots but not today.

I just hope I can get a camping spot at least for saturday night [:/] But tomorrow i shall go to secret spot and find those healthy nice brookies and ok size fat bows [cool]

Once again the rain catched up with me for 2 hrs of rain ehhh at least i had a rain coat ^_^ beat that mother nature you cant stop me
[signature]
Just past Altamont Campground there is a free camping area. Make a left at the fork just past Altamont CG and look for the sign + tons of trailers camping in the free area on the left. If you reach the pass....you have gone too far!

Considering you live so close....wouldn't you rather sleep in a comfortable bed?

As for the fishing...way to get some on the fly.
[signature]
I want to go up pass tibble fork next to the main river but my mom is picky because she say theres to many 4 wheelers or dirt bikes. Ehhh i dont care about how close id rather be in a tent on a dirty path with the river next to me so 5 or 6 am in the moring wake up and bam theres the river and time to slay them >Smile.

One day we shall go camping at my old spot hopfully soon up there its fun. Ha ha ha just a way to go lol. I have been catching tons of fish on fly at my secret spot. I can easly any day in the summer caught over 50 bluegill and sun fish and a few bass in 2-3 hrs.
[signature]
Where's the brookies? All I saw pics of were browns......
[signature]
oh probably my mistake. I thought they were brookies because when i caught them they had mostly red fins with the black then white bottom tip layer streak. Oh well nice to see i finally caught a brown in my life hmmm.

I think you probably dont want to see more brookies from uinta because you might get the brookie treatment once again XD HA ha ha

Im just happy i know its a trout [Wink] just never caught a brown that was ok size or bigger to see the different from brookies plus it can be when i caught those fish i didnt have my glasses on gota have polarized instead of regular.
[signature]
Brook trout are a char, therefore they have light spots on a dark background.
Brown trout are a true trout, and have dark spots on a light background.
At least you didn't call a brook trout a brown. Now that would be insulting![Wink]
[signature]
well my mistake that im sorda blind ha ha ha. Oh well at least brown trout is off my bucket list ^_^
[signature]
I'm just amazed you've never caught a brown before now.
[signature]
Well I havent fish so many rivers just. Just started 3 or 4 years ago fly fishing. I usually just go up in the uinta for brookies and bows most of the time and some times low provo if i feel like it.
[signature]