Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone been up to Mirror Lake lately?
Just thinking of heading up there tomorrow. Mirror, Trial, Lilly or any others up there?
[signature]
past few weeks I went to mirror lake fishing is good you can catch mostly 10-15 in bows if your lucky maybe a 18-20 in like my dad did this year ^_^. Trail lake sucks. I only caught one dinky brookie and same for my dad. Lilly lake is good there can be some nice tiger trouts if you can find them.

I mostly just used caddis, wolly buggers on a fly rod and then for regular bait fishing used powerbait.

If your planning to hit some river spot your best bet is caddis or silver fox lure size 0

heres some pics from adventure.
[signature]
I havent been to any of those on your list for many years. However I do like to go up to Bever up above Whitney. We always do pretty good. For Bait it is power bait on a tine 1 egg egg hook. eay tontoss back. I rtook one out of there last year that was about 22-23 in and had shoulder.
[signature]
Was up there last week and did well at trial. In the hour we spent at Trial I got 5 brookies, 3 tigers and four bows. None with any huge size to them but easy fishing. Great with a fly rod, The smaller the fly the better luck I found.

Girlfried did catch a few on glitter powerbait but worms did better. About 2 : 1.

Great thing about it is if you have don't get into fish in like 15 minutes you can jump in the car and drive up a bit. I usually hit four lakes. Depending on my direction, if I'm coming from wyoming I'll hit Butterfly, Pass, Mirror, Trial. Vise Versa if coming from kamas.

It's good fishing. But it dies fast once the sun is up. We were there at sun up and were killin them then around 10-10:15 it died.

Good luck! Post some pictures if you can. Some of the prettiest area and fish utah has
[signature]