Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 day trip in Yellowstone
My wife and I took a fishing/backpacking/wildlife trip through Yellowstone. We visited Trout Lake, Lamar River and Slough Creek. The fish at Trout Lake seemed pretty disinterested, probably because of the late time of year. The Lamar River was still a bit off-colored. Fish were occasionally rising, but we didn't have too much luck. Slough Creek was also a bit up, but the water was quite clear and the fishing was great! We started in the first meadow and the only fish we were getting into were smaller. As we worked our way up into the second meadow, the fish got bigger and more pretty. It was a whole lot of fun! Both these picture are of my wife. She had on our only hairwing gray drake and it was the winning ticket!

Also, as a side note, we hiked in to Union Falls on the 4th of July and the rivers in the Meadow all seem to be running high. It has been a week and a half since we went in.
[signature]
Looks fun! Headed up there in a couple of weeks.
[signature]
Great post! Mike
[signature]
Awesome trip. I was at shoshone for four days last week. If you go back to trout lake send me a PM. I may have some ideas on how to catch them there. It is great to have a wife that will fish with you. I know I appreciate mine.

Windriver
[signature]
[quote windriver]It is great to have a wife that will fish with you.[/quote]
So what's the secret? Mine is supportive so long as I take some of the kids, but she has no personal interest. Would love to share with her something that means so much to me...
[signature]
Thanks for sharing your trip . Curt G.
[signature]
That last cutty is a beauty! Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
No real secret. We have been fishing together since high school. She is not as into it as I am, but she enjoys getting out every once in while for a day. After a few fish she is good and would just as soon read a book.

She loves taking the kids out as much as I do.

Windriver
[signature]
Looks like a good time. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]