Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Af canyon
Oh the driving. I left my house saturday around 3pm go up there they told me i need a tent go down hill call dad bring tent at smiths go back up there pay and set up stupid tent drive down hill tell them the number i got go back up hill and finally its like 5 am I just start fishing the river. First I started fishing in a picnic area caught one small brown trout. Went up higher and only bites >_< went to tibble fork got skunked on the lake. That lake doesnt show love for fly fishers this year. Parents came so cooks some food and i had about 2 more hr till it got dark.

I decided to go up the river higher. Gosh the road is not to pretty up there for a taurus. After going through some big pot holes got parks and off to fly fish at some old holes. Looking around in the water it looked sorda like might chocolate milk so I tossed a black ant start stripping up stream bam there it was a decent size bow about 11 in. Walked up hill 1 mile or so to some other holes. Bam another decent bow went down just a few steps bam a brown small guy so i let him go. I kept the 2 bows the 2 browns were free to swim another day.

Sunday I went up the river to some other holes got up there walked 2 miles. Got to the hole i was going to fish at and oh great here come the rain falling down again. Not just rain it was dumping [mad] I was far away from my car so i needed to sit under a tree for 1 hr till the rain went down. The river was just supper chocolate milk so I left didn't really bother touching the river that much. Got to car went down decided to hit the other side of tibble fork just caught one dinky brown till the rain came to haunt me again.

After some dinner I decided its time to go down hill in the river again. Im just happy the lower af river wasnt muddy at all but the fish were being picky. I hate the weather. I saw one nice deep hole tossed the black and and bam huge fish take it and runs up stream and Sad part it snapped me line. It caught of been a nice 18+ in.

After that horrific bust. for that day i decide to catch some kitties at highland glen but no love on kitties just stupid blue gills taking worm so bust the fly rod caught 4 small the real deal dinkys on zebra midge and blue winged olives.
[signature]
I still need a brown trout on the fly. Nice job.....just got me a black ant! Well I thought you would have gotten the skunk based on the title of the report. Oh well. What strength tippet do you use?
[signature]
Ya im just happy the fishes are bigger then last year on the river. Ya the black ants were working pretty good just cast it down stream and strip it up the stream. Idk why just for me tossing flies or black ant in rivers down stream and striping up stream gets me more fish then just having the fly go down to me. Ya the mad face was because how much time i wasted on driving for stupid camp site my parents want and one of the employes didnt tell me that i needed a tent with me to have the site on friday so ya i wasted a good 1-2hrs of fishing saturday. Gosh the rain was awful just under a tree till the rain dies down not fun. Walked so far to some good spot and they just become chocolate milk water was a waste of my day. I just use 8 lbs. I had 5X but that stuff always tangles up so i just put some 8lbs line and it did good.
[signature]
Ever heard the term "punctuation"....it's those little dots and dashes and stuff that tell others reading what is written, that one sentence has ended and another one begins....just saying....VERY CONFUSING READING!
[signature]
definaly needs some punctuation, half way through it i dont know what is going on, very confusing +1

quality not quantity
[signature]
You don;t like it don't read it Gottabite. Jeeze the grammar nazi stuff on here gets old real fast.

Any elementary school kid can read it by the way.

Did your mother ever tell you "if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all."
[signature]
WOW you dont need to be so picky. I was writing this up at night just got home put everything up and go to sleep so if you dont have anything positive to write hear just dont bother saying anything "Mr. Spellcheck."
[signature]
Your not smart enough to understand fast typing im sorry. If you cant read my post dont bother posting anything "thanks."
[signature]
ha ha ha grammar nazi nice ones [cool]
[signature]
I've done really well at tibble lately on the lake and river. small dries and midges have been the best. just get away from the crowds and its a lot better
[signature]
It probably was the weather that affected the fishing. I just wish the river up tibble wasnt so muddy from the rain storm. I might head up there next week and hope for no rain. I want to walk a few miles from where i can park and fly fish on that small long river. Such a nice place to get away from other fisher mens.
[signature]
ive only fished tibble fork and the creek once but it reminded me alot of the millcreek fish, also some hug browns have come out of that res. in the last few years. nice report FFL
[signature]