Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CATFISH CONTEST 2012: Skunked entries
I know they are the smallest on the entry board but I had to start somewhere: Fish caught 7-20-2012 at Willard Bay.
Caught trolling with a worm harness on a pink blade with Benson crawlers... Speed about 1.2 to 1.4 mph (Love catching cats trolling they fight like crazy plus I can hook them this way...)
Entries, 18", 17.5" and 17.5" If you need close ups of the measurement I can provide... Also put a picture of all 3 together so you know I didn't measure the same fish 3 times...Later J

[#500000]18, 17.5, 17.5[/#500000]
No worries buddy we trust you. Besides 3 that small wont get you anywhere but you got to start smewhere.
[signature]
Yup got to start getting something in there, now I have a goal to beat even if its my own numbers... Looks like 30 some odd points to start catching up on you top guys, not likely but fun to try... Don't set the mark too high.... Later J
[signature]
Might not be the biggest, but they are the perfect size all the same!
Hey - least you didn't get on the board with a mudcat [blush]

Keep at it bud. They are out there.

Don't forget - there's total team points to consider. So every entry counts!
Hey Yote, yup these were for the team tally only but they sure tasted great had a little cajan smoked cat with mesquit wood it was alright. Especially where my buddy from work did all the work. Anyway one of these nights I'll give the Bear a try and see if I can up these numbers. Later J
[signature]
There was a day I ran across a WOOT sale on Cedar Planks. I do plenty of the "real smokin" thang, but once in a while a wood plank smokin serves up good on the BBQ.
I got spares - oughta toss you a couple. Been thinnin' to try the plane "untreated" cedar shingles too - but the taper...

Become a big fan of "Tony Chachere's" Creole seasoning. I find it at the Dollar Store, just nabbed a big tin from Macey's. Their motto "great on everything" - of course my motto "I concur with THEIR motto!".

[inline BlueGillTroutPlanked.jpg]

[inline Planks.bmp]

[inline Planked.bmp]
Dang you're making me hungry. I haven't tried fish on cedar how is it? I sure wish the rest of my family liked fish but I'm the only one so I end up cooking for myself so I don't get very fancy. I wish there was some way to get my wife and daughter to like it but they won't even try. Thanks for the offer that was really nice. Later J
[signature]