Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
good day at scolfield
Had the chance to take two of the older men of our town to Scolfield last Thur. Good decision. We started fishing about 9, and stayed till 3. The bite was on. We fished with white tubs, just like at the Berry, but unlike the Berry the fish wanted them. Results, 86, 45, 29. Not bad for three old farts. We tipped the jigs with minnow (chub) and held on. One over the slot, 23" 4.11# on the digital scale. several, somerewhere around 9-10, were 20" three #s. I got a cramp in my hand bringing in all the fish. WHAT A PROBLEM..... Went back Sat morning with my son, same story. He got 60 and I got 58 in a three hour trip. We were checked by the DWR boat, nice guy, checked us good and was a real gentleman. Thanks to you. He said that he had checked 5 boats prior to us and found 3 without licenses. Whats up with that. It was a good day all around. Watch for the fish to turn and throw a 3" tube at the swirl and hold on. I wish the Berry would do that.
[signature]
Do you mind telling what part of the lake you were fishing?
[signature]
We fished the north points , we watched the points for fish turning. Then went after them see a fish turn cast to it and it was almost a given. If you miss the first hit, let it drop it will hit again.
[signature]
Glad to see you had a great day! Last time I was down viwithing my parents I caught some nice browns down on the river. There are some nice ones down there.
[signature]
I would have to say that is one lake that someone without a license shouldn't go to. Not that they should go fishing without a license at all. I have been checked for my license almost every other time I go there.

Lesson for the day don't fish without a license. Wink
[signature]