Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DUCKS!
Is anyone else out there gettin the itch? Man, I swear it doesn't usually hit me this early but i've got a serious compulsion to get out in the marsh and pull the trigger on a fat 'ol greenhead! Going to clean out the garage this week and organize the dekes!

DU is reporting record high duck numbers this year, more than they've EVER seen! wahoo come on october!
[signature]
Go get em Cowboy!
[signature]
+10! Can't wait.

Planning on going to the DU party this Thursday. My little brother has the new Commander CD in his player and watches it everynight going to bed. Gonna try hard not to buy any more new stuff this year.

... YEA RIGHT!
[signature]
I've already picked out a new set of dekes that I "need" and a coat i'd like for my birthday
[signature]
Me and my buddies have been testing out new motors and mods we have done to are boats and running diffrent areas. Smile

First vid is wade running his new rig 12X42 Lowes with a modified Dixie surface drive on mud lake he has it dialed in now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExjEW9mMW...re=g-all-u

Second vid is me and my highly modified mud buddy mini long tail on the Jordan River near Lehi, Testing went very well just need to get my exhaust coated to prevent rust.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hndI9xbxT...ature=plcp

We are ready for the hunt Smile
[signature]
Holy cow that dixie is running quick! What's it running with two people in it? looks like 13-15mph from the vid
[signature]
That's exactly what he is running, And it is a 7hp predator motor on steroids! Smile It should be pushing around 10-11hp out of the 7hp block. He was running about 13mph in the video though. He has had it up to 20mph with just him in it.

Mine topped out at 15mph running up the Jordan with two people no load, My cavitation plate is causing me to lose bite at high speeds its creating to much wash around it. working on that issue. My 7hp is now pushing out 10.5hp has allot more torq on the lower end and should push a good hunting load fast and threw whatever I want to go threw.

Brandon , that guy that came out hunting with use that day is going to have his 6.5hp dixie within the next few weeks can't wait to see how it does on his scanoe. it should be pretty fast at stock.
[signature]
Not bad! I had three people in my boat last week with a good fishing load, on wavy water (not quite "chopy" but not glass) we were moving 24mph, I think a different prop would move it better though. Definitely won't get me shallow but it should get me out to Doug Miller come December pretty dang quick!
[signature]
Like I said to you before your a brave sole running an outboard out on the turpin? Smile I would if it was a small beat up model I didn't care about but in no way would I run a nice motor like that out there. Wink It's going to ruin it with all the debris in the water? Clog it right up and overheat it. Hate to see that happen to your new rig man.
[signature]
I ran a good outboard out there for years, the catch was I had to wait till later in the season when there had been enough boats and cold weather to move most of the junk out of the dredged section, I burned up one water pump trying to push it through thick stuff, but once things cleared out it ran like a top! Just gotta watch the stream!

Besides, can't afford a mud motor yet and I also can't bear to ride a bike out to footbridge six with three dozen dekes and a gun on my back!
[signature]
I agree it is doable. and I also ran an outboard for years in places I shouldn't have been able to, You are right keep an eye on the stream and you should be ok. buy an extra prop and carry it with you [Wink]
[signature]