Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bear river catfish
Went fishing on 7-24 from 7 am to about 10:30 am, caught this big old mack daddy, a 31incher. The biggest cat or close to it that I have ever caught. Was fishing with fresh carp meat. What a fight it was awsome, the thing faught like a freight train.
One more biggin for us northern boys[laugh][laugh]
Oh ya caught him on 8lb test line, good thing I had my drag set
[signature]
Wicked awesome Northern Bro! Did you get a weight on that toad? Looks like a phatteee!!! Maybe it's a time of year thing - I got nada on carp strip early season. Perhaps once they move from moss to meat, it's ON!
I gotta get out there! Ya'll are killing me!!!!!

Guess I gotta go check the contest board. Very nice wormy! So early morn - how are the squweeters that time of day?
skeeters arent bad at all, didnt get a weight but guessing 13- 14 lbs mark, give or take
[signature]
Thats amazing on 8 lb test big ole cat that bear is home of the hogs so far this year. Nice catch man
[signature]
[#502800]Nice Cats ........[/#502800]
[#502800][/#502800]
[#502800]I got an email that indicated, if you put Bounce dryer sheets in your pockets, the skeeters won't bother you. Sounds kind of goofy to me, but has anyone tried it?[/#502800]
[signature]
thanks man still got to do more if i want to get close to you[Smile][Smile]
[signature]
Good job is that a Benson cat? Later J
[signature]
Way to go, Wormsinker!!!! We still need to fish together one of these days buddy.

That is one nice kitty!
[signature]
Nice Cat! I'm glad someone's catching the big ones up here!
[signature]
I let her go so shes still out there swimming around waiting for you[laugh][laugh]
[signature]
When u say beat river you're talking about the river that's in the uintahs? I never knew cat fish were in there.
[signature]
ugh no. i believe they are talking about the Bear river that flows into UT from ID, near Logan (kinda)
[signature]
ya you guessed it bro
[signature]
here is another one for you guys, not the biggest but a cat none the less. 25.5 inches[fishin]
7-27-2012
[signature]
OHHHHHHH I haven't heard of that river but I'm shocked they had the same name. I would have been very surprised if A) the river I was thinking of had cat fish and B) that they would actually get to be big. U said it's near Logan but do u know about har far of a dive that is?
[signature]
The Bear River starts in the Uinta Mountians here in Utah. It flows up through Wyoming, over through Idaho, and comes back down through Utah on it way to the Great Salt Lake.

Followed the whole river from start to finish once on google earth. That water flows along ways along the river to end up like around fifty miles away from where it started as the crow flys.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
So you're saying it is the same river? So - it feeds into Oneida then? Thought that was the top of the Bear and then it feeds down into Cutler, then out below, and on to the marsh.

Quote: U said it's near Logan but do u know about har far of a dive that is?
That would depend a lot on where you were traveling from. From Logan - you can get to parts of the Bear in 5-10 mins drive. But as it starts in Idaho, and flows down thru Tremonten and such.

Have you ever tried Mapquest? Put in your start, destination - tells you how to get there, and how long it'll take. Logan is in Cache Valley, about an hour north of Ogden, and Ogden is about an hour north of SLC . . .But the Bear basically runs along and under I-15 down by Brigham City, or you can take Hwy30 and get to Cutler, and other acess to the river.