Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's tube dude
What.s happened to tube dude, His posts are some of my favorites, And I can't believe he has'nt been fishing in a couple weeks.
[signature]
I was just thinking the same thing. I keep trying to get a fishing trip with him. And I miss his posts.
[signature]
ya same here i miss the fishing masters reports >_<.
[signature]
Looks like he is in Cal or was according to this thread: [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=761314;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=761314;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread[/url]
[signature]
Yes he is in Cali
[signature]
goin' goin' back back to cali cali!! ya boy!
[signature]
[cool][#0000FF]Sheesh. Thought I could sneak out of town without nobody noticin'.

Haven't been to some of my favorite spots in the world...in northern California...for about 40 years. TubeBabe and I both have birthdays about this time (mine was last Friday and hers is today) so we treated ourselves to a trip to cooler climate, lots of trees and eye-hurtin' scenery of rocks and water. I really miss my ocean. I'm a son of the beach.

We flew over and rented a car so no fishing gear on this trip. My rod arm twitches every time I pass an old favorite fishin' hole. But it has been great to get back. Breaks my poor old heart to see some of the changes. Hail progress...or to hail with it...or whatever. Sometimes it is true...you can never go back to the way things used to was.

Definitely going to get back in action (fishing) next week. Hope you guys saved a few fish for me.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Just good to see your OK. I lived in the bay area for 7 years, There is some nice spots up north there. What part of nocal are you in?If you don't mind my askin
[signature]
[cool][#0000FF]Drove from Oakland airport up to Eureka. Then hit the Crescent City (Smith River) area and back along the coast to Eureka. Hwy 1 along the coast to Bodega Bay. Then time in San Francisco and down Hwy 1 to Santa Cruz and on to Monterrey. Been a couple of days in Monterrey...up and down the coast and eating a lot of seafood on Fisherman's Wharf. Will be heading over to Gilroy tomorrow morning for the Garlic Festival. Then flying back to Salt Lake on Saturday. I'm tired...but okay, thank you very much.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Lots of nice country to see through there. My wife and I use to go out to Jenner by the sea quite regular. (one of our favorite places.) The drive from montery down to san luis abispo is nice also. Your passing up alot of great fishing there also. I did'nt know you had it in you to pass up those spots. Glad your having a good time.
[signature]
He has to go down to Cali every now and then to harass his son ,Tubn2. I can't believe that he did not wet a line while there . If he didn't, you can bet he'll be on the water PDQ after he gets home !!!
I know a few guys that are ocean salmon fishing this weekend in a derby at Fort Bragg. They have been pre-fishing the previous 2 weekends with great success. I'm from Sacramento implanted in Utah now but I miss the coast. During the summer you need to wear warm gear with the constant cool damp temps that hover in the mid 50's. A great place to be to beat the heat.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I lived in Sacto for quite a few years too...and I love the whole north coast. Ft. Bragg is especially scenic and good fishing and diving for abalone in the area. Really miss that.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Here are a couple of pics we took on the way through on our trip.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanx for the pics [Smile] The coast is a beautiful place to be. The one with the bridge reminds me of an area outside of Ft Bragg. The rock formations are seen all up & down Hi-1. Casper Beach is a nice developed campground nestled in some trees overlooking the ocean. I'm hoping to hookup with some of the guys I know next year for a coastal salmon trip. Giant Sequoia trees are all along the coast line. Sacramento offers a good location for a lot of activities. This city lies at the bottom of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Excellent mountain fishing with streams & lakes within 2hrs as well as the coast 2hrs away. The Sacramento River also there offers up good ocean Salmon, striper, and sturgean fishing. My 2 sons live in Sacramento so the month of Jan is a birthday month for the grandkids which convently is at the same time the ISE comes there. [Wink]
[signature]