Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
19 y/o wyoming kid banned from hunting
Just read this story about a 19 year old that is going to be banned for life from hunting and fishing. Anyone else hear about this? They are wondering if its to harsh a punishment. I think after being convicted two years in a row on multiple counts of taking multiple deer out of season he is getting what he deserves! I will post the link to the story but an unsure if the moderators will remove it. If its gone PM me and I will send you the link.

[url "http://www.gohuntn.com/gohuntn/19-year-old-game-law-violator-could-first-face-wyomings-new-lifetime-ban/"]http://www.gohuntn.com/gohuntn/19-year-old-game-law-violator-could-first-face-wyomings-new-lifetime-ban/
[/url]
[signature]
Maybe not harsh enough! I wish Utah would would maybe learn from this,and do the same. Maybe some prison time with Bubba would be good to.
[signature]
What a dumb a$$, if he didnt learn the first two times he deserves to get the max penalty
[signature]
I think this is great, I get sick and tired of hearing about poachers getting a slap on the wrist and then they are back into their old ways. If he has been convicted of a felony he can no longer own firearms, and with a little prison time maybe he will think twice. Stuff like this really gets me upset, he is stealing from the state and those of us that pay our fees, and spend the time and money to pursue the game. Great job Wyoming!
[signature]
Punishment definately fits the crime.
[signature]
I agree, totaly. Book his young butt in jail. Take his guns, all of it. If you didn't learn the past, to bad, so Sad.
[signature]
I think he got what he deserved. The only bad thing is this will not likely deter him from poaching. He was taking animals illegally before, and I doubt the lack of a license will stop him from taking animals illegally in the future. It's too bad he couldn't do some hard time to help change his ways.
[signature]
He didn't learn the first or second time, he probably won't learn the third time. He's a thief, plain and simple, thieves deserve to go to jail.If they ban him for life, it wont be his last time poaching, he's got a lot of years ahead of him. I would hope a big fine, some rehab of some sort and public service could help him out. Kids aren't the smartest people in the world, maybe a little growing up will help. I think a lifetime ban is a bit harsh.
[signature]
I think we need to send a strong message. A thief steals one item from a person once. A large buck, bull is killed, it steals many times from being able to breed many does,cows for possibly many years. Many times over just in one year. hope what I'm sayin makes sense.

He will not stop, we need to really get these people's attention.
[signature]