Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield Help
Hello all,

I've decided to take my first trip to Scofield Reservoir and was wondering what advice you brethren could share with me. I'm not looking to steal your hard-earned secrets or spots, I'd just like some general advice. I'll be tangling on the bank. Thanks in advance!
[signature]
This can be a tough time of year to fish from the bank, as most of the trout have gone deeper to beat the heat. Be sure to fish as early as possible. I would look for a spot that has a steep dropoff, so you're not fishing so shallow. The dam arm has some pretty good spots like that. I prefer to use minnows up there (shiners, chubs), but crawlers and powerbait work as well. Good luck!
[signature]
The steep rocky bamk right along the hyway is generally a good place from the bank.It's about a mile past the dam when you go over the dam. There will probably be a few autos parked along the road in the area. Good spot for crawdads at last light also.
[signature]
I was up to Schofield on Tuesday the 24th. I was surprised at the few people for a State Holiday. I fished on the west side just south of the trailer town of West Schofield. Small cutts were biting very regular from shore. There is a lot of moss, so you have to make sure to stay up off the bottom. I was using a strange set up, floating a jig tipped with sucker meat. Used a sliding half full bubble to float. I would cast and use a moderate retrieve to keep the jig up out of the moss. It was the middle of the day and the bite was on. All my fish went back but two other groups had pretty good stringers. Have fun.
[signature]