Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trail Cam
Ive had my trail cam up since may and been checking it every few weeks got some awesome pictures of bucks elk antelope and coyotes. I went to check it today and some retard stole it there is no road to the pond i had it on but they drove a 4 wheeler down to it. Bunch of retards
[signature]
Oh dude that sucks. I hate people that do crap like that. Sorry to hear.
[signature]
that sucks bad sorry to hear that bro. I know it would piss me right off. Did you have any kind of lock on it?
[signature]
Sorry for your loss but why do you find it necessary to refer to the thiefs as "retards"? Being the father of a daughter who was less than 2 pounds when she was born, and could be classified as retarded, (obviously through no fault of her own) I am not impressed.
[signature]
No lock on it i know i am taking a chance putting it on public land i am more upset about losing the pictures then the camera, i buy cheap cameras for that reason,

sorry did not mean to offend with calling them retards i was venting i hope karma catches up to them
even with no lock people still ought to respect somebody elses proporty and not be a thief. Some people[mad]
[signature]
I want a couple game cameras. I would like to put multiple in an area to catch the a holes who steal them. There should be some honor among hunters.
[signature]
I had two cameras to start with the first one an elk chewed the strap off and drug it into a pond and then stepped on it the camera was still taking pictures and saved them to the sd card but would not turn back on the second camera was on the same pond and got pictures of the elk stepping on it, i had to go check them every few weeks the elk would lick the lens and all the pictures after would have a white haze on them and hard to make out.
[signature]
The elk keep messing with mine too. I have several pictures of and eye or part of a head or antler. I can also see where the surrounding keep changing because the animals keep pushing it around the tree. My buddy had a bull move his camera so it ointed into another tree. Then he had 2 weeks worth of pictures of leaves blowing in the wind. almost filled an entire 4GB memory card!!
They are quite mischevious animals.
[signature]
Yes I never trust anyone and have always used locks on mine and hide them pretty good! even have pics of dumb ass want to be hunters bending over looking at my licks then looking around....lol
[signature]
I came up on one last year around a wallow and they had a big salt lick out there also.. I Smiled and gave them a close up of my face. LOL.... It was in a great spot but wide open to anyone passing by... That sucks that someone took it.... as you said Karma will come back to them someday....
[signature]
If I ever come upon someone else camera, I will pull the card, check the pictures. Put it back in, give them the thumbs up and head on my way. As I would expect from anyone else!

That sucks someone stole your camera. Between my buddy and I we have 5 in the field right now and I wonder the probability of at least one of them being found and taken by a S.O.B.
[signature]
Checking someones camera is total bs. You didn't put in the time to find the spot plus your basically getting free hunting info. Imagine if someone was checking your camera and squatting on your spots. Just doesn't seem right to me.
[signature]
+1 to that. Seems like the Idaho board is a bit more 'relaxed' regarding what's 'family friendly'.

I know posts that have used words like ass, piss, a holes... that have been edited.

The thieves being daring and willing to steal your camera has nothing to do with their IQ or state of mental health. It's akin to saying they were "Gay" for stealing your shit.

IMHO - taking even a look, if not copying files off someone else's camera would fall into criminal trespass, if you ask me.
Adding a Smile-n-wave might entitle you to the ranks of "America's dumbest criminals". I'll watch for the episode.

But with BFT advertising Roman Orgies, maybe times are changing.
Well then... Make sure you put yours somewhere I cant find it! While at it, if you find any of mine, feel free to take a look![Wink]
[signature]
Coyote - Alright now that I have received two negative responses to my proposed action if I ever encountered a cam, maybe I will reconsider?

While we are all offering advice - As a moderator, you do realize that BFT uses Google based marketing on their website? Meaning any google searches you do are cashed and the ads you see are specific to your particular recent searches. Roman orgys - Sounds fun![sly][sly][sly]
[signature]
I'm just sayin I wouldn't do it. Something I learned as a kid was to not touch things that aren't mine. Roman orgy! I'd hate to see the trailcam pics of that[blush]
[signature]