Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salmon Falls Creek Reservoir
Hey guys, any reports on the walleye fishing at Salmon falls? We were planning on heading down there and doing a fishing/gambling trip to Jackpot. Any info, reports would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
[signature]
Just fished sfcr on saturday. We were on the water at 6 am. We put my uncles boat in at greys landing and headed toward the backwaters. Fishing was great. We trolled the banks in about 5 to 8 feet of water. A white jig with a little bit of worm on the hook seemed to be what they were after that day. I'd say we caught around 30 fish in the few hours we were on the water.
[signature]
going to be a tournament on there sunday (king of the water) FYI
[signature]
Thanks for the reply and tips! Having never fished for Walleye I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure it will be a challange trying to figure out a new species, but If we can fool them it's all worth it! We will be on the water Friday and I will report how it goes.

What other species are in the reservoir?

Thanks!
[signature]
Perch, smallmouth bass, lots of trout and an occasional crappie. The trout can get really big and perch fishing is usually pretty good.
[signature]
Well we weren't too successful. Caught 4 walleye and 1 perch. Anyone have much luck using crawdads? The 18 incher we caught coughed up a whole one while in the live well. Got us thnking that might be the ticket. Any thoughts? Will try again in the morning
[signature]
Your Uncle must be Randy.
Ron
[signature]
That would be him Ron. And im hoping he takes me again soon! Thats the only time ive had any real luck walleye fishing.
[signature]
I've only tried walleye fishing once, but I did catch a few. It was on Oneida Res. I was using a crawdad colored fly fished slow over the rocky points. I even caught a carp with it.. I think all the fish LOVE crawdads, so go for it and try them.
[signature]
Don't tell Randy but I think he is one of the best walleye fisherman there is. He was the one that got me going on them. Ron
[signature]