Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate my seat
I bought a Dave Scadden Renegade and the inflateable seat kills my back and butt. What have you all done to help with this kind of seat? I never had problems with the hard seats on the regular pontoons.
[signature]
Sorry, opposite here. Alan starts hurting with the molded plastic as do many of our friends. You are the first I heard say the opposite. Which seat you got?

However, Dave has an accessory. A small frame with the molded plastic seat like in the second picture of the Assault XX here:

http://www.northforkoutdoors.com/2011sho...cials.html

It straps right on where the seat is. I am not sure if the extra added inches effects kicking though.
[signature]
Maybe you should just go back to your ancient 'Old Blue'.
[signature]
Thanks I'll go check that out.
[signature]
[quote OldTroller]I bought a Dave Scadden Renegade and the inflateable seat kills my back and butt. What have you all done to help with this kind of seat? I never had problems with the hard seats on the regular pontoons.[/quote]

How much air are you putting in the seat? I use the LVM pump to pump it up, then leave it. If it starts to get hot and the air expands making the seat harder, I'll let some out. Very simple. Add or remove air to your little hearts content. Then adjust your seat straps.
Of course if you want to add air, you'll have to take your pump with you. We use a K-Pump and it sits in back of my seat.
If you pump the seat up to pressure (2.5 lb.) it's hard as a rock, and very uncomfortable.
[signature]
That's a good point about the air expanding with temperature. Also remember air will expand as you go up to higher elevations as there is less atmospheric pressure to oppose it. In case you forgot your basic physics from high school:
http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/air-al...d_462.html
What might be comfortable in the valley maybe too hard up at 8,000 or 10,000 ft.
[signature]
SLC is about 4200' above sea level. Sunday, we left the house with half filled boats. At the Mirror Lake elevation which if I remember correctly was just over 10,000 feet. We didn't have to hardly pump either one up.
6,000' difference
[signature]