Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
24" kitty...Again
Hit Utah Lake again, A light breeze made the bugs tolerable. Managed a few white bass and a couple kitties in the 3 hours we had to fish. Again white bass meat moved slowly across the bottom was the ticket. Not nearly the size you guys in the contest are looking for but a solid 24" fish
[signature]
That is still a nice respectable cat. Good job man[Smile].
All that matters is if your having fun
[signature]
I dont do fishing competitions but I have caught more of the 24-27in class this year than normal. Usually I catch 17-20 inchers as the mainstay but this year they have been bigger and they are fat. Great tugs on light gear. I havent had one over 30 this year but I dont target them either.
[signature]
Ive been catching bigger ones also, a lot in the 20-24 in range. Got lucky with one 31 incher. All are fat and very healthy looking, usually around cache vally here the big ones look a little slim this time of year. But not this year they all look good so far. Good luck on your fishing man.[Smile][Smile]
[signature]
Thanks, You too.
[signature]
[quote fish_fear_me2]Hit Utah Lake again, A light breeze made the bugs tolerable. . . .[/quote]

[center][#BF0000][mad][mad]It's the intolerable breezes that bug me![/#BF0000][mad][mad]
[/center]
As Wormsinker put it - that's a respectable cat there! Purdy serious look on that angler's face there too! [cool]
No pussy-footin around for you 'eh!

So you fish for Walleye that way too?
By not targeting them - I've heard it's the best approach.
I'm going to have to try white bass meat as bait sometimes. Do only cat fish take the white bass meat or do other things? I'm trying to singe out cathing specific things
[signature]
Nope I target walleye. The camera person made a smart remark just before taking the pic. I have been impressed with the kitties this year. That being said walleye as a target fish can be very satisfying or very aggrivating on Utah Lake. There are a lot of places easier to catch walleye than Utah Lake but there are some real hogs in there.
[signature]
A lot of times if you are using a smaller strip of bass meat you will also catch a lot of white bass (the canabalistic little buggers) but at least for me a 1 in wide stip of white bass is the best channel bait. I use other cut bait if I have to but thats mt go to bait.
[signature]