Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A neat little stream I found
Having moved to Delta, I was worried that I may not have any fly fishing opportunities. Luckily I have the Utah Fly Fisherman's guide, and found out there are several streams by where I live. So I decided to try a little stream called salt creek just outside of Nephi. I have fished it several times, and have really enjoyed it. It is a really small stream, but the fish are eager and willing to play. Most are between 8-10 inches, but I did pull out one that was around 14 inches (by my estimation). Just to all my fellow fly fishers I just want to say salt creek is a fun place to go if you're in the Nephi area, with nonexistent pressure from what I've seen.

(On a side note, I know that I say what kind of fish I catch, but provide no evidence. If anyone has any good strategies fro photographing fish in a way that has worked for you, let me know, I don't have the best dexterity!)
[signature]
Awsome you live close to it!! I have had some friends tell me about it. but too far for me to hit. Little creeks are the best!
Have fun on it
[signature]
I grew up in Nephi, and fished that creek all the time as a kid growing up.
[signature]