Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newton in the morning?
The water Is below the end of the ramp at Newton now. I am thinking about heading out there in the morning. Maybe I can find some bass that are a little bigger than the 10-12 inchers I have been getting into lately.

Anyone else up this way heading out in the morning?
[signature]
Still been surprised at how big-a boat get's launched even when there IS no launch!
Maybe if you'd stop chasing them Musky, and messing with Bass - you might get on some REAL fish - like some PERCH! Teehee.

I'll be out there with ya soon, but I probably won't fish for the next week, unless I can drag the family along!

Did you see the bass I got into [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Utah_Fishing_General_F58/gforum.cgi?post=763918;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]along the river[/url] last night? Got more over a foot than under. Landed a 15 incher, but hooked up something bigger (and it weren't no carp!)
Your lunch spot along the river.

Don't forget your bucket or rocks!
Actually, a couple of weeks ago, I managed 3 perch that were 10+ inches. We will see what tomorrow brings. Right now, I am looking for more bass. Throwing plastics out there is a lot of fun. Even the little ones nail them hard. I have even seen perch chasing and hitting them. If I get a muskie, that's a bonus.
[signature]
I hear ya. My last trip there - I was targeting bass. Working the S. dyke - bouncing some gulp worms and plastics along the bottom, and I got - perch.
So I upped the offer, and pitched a big fat KVD bomber, and second or third cast - wham - Musky hit it, and took a ride skyward! That was fun!

Don't forget the Blue Fox! Or - pitch 'em a Mepps!
So, he asks, his grin all wide,
Grasping, grasping at his side:
If Porcupine is called The Pig,
Why is Newton not The Fig?

(And they said I'd never use a degree in English Lit. Ha!)
[signature]