Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishing for newbies close to riverton?
My brother-in-law has guests from England whom he wants to take fishing. They have no prior experience, so fly fishing is not likely the best avenue for them. He also only has about 5-6 hours to take them, so needs to keep the travel under one hour one way from the south part of Salt Lake Valley. Given that they have no boat and can't realistically fly fish, and with the current water conditions, does anyone have any good suggestions for a location what would give them a positive experience? They want to go after trout.

He asked me for advice, but I haven't been out in weeks so I don't know how the fishing is at present.
[signature]
bountiful pond with chartreuse (green) powerbait. I used to do that on a size 18 dough treb with 4-6 lb line. get out early.
[signature]
Thanks for the input!
[signature]
Your guests being from England would probably enjoy Utahs natural beauty Id suggest taking the drive and hit Mirror Lake. Mirror Lake isn't that far maybe hour and half and has the the amenities a townie wants.
[signature]
If you insist in the one hour limit. There is Tibble Fork or Silver Lake Flat. But anything along the Mirror Lake Hyw is much better.
[signature]
Thanks!
[signature]
ha ha ha tibble fork fishing sucks this year its a waste of time to go up there I went up there on the river no one was catching fish on the lake but i caught a few XD. That lake was amazing last year but just what the mud says "If im muddy in this lake then fishing is going to be mighty muddy slow."
[signature]
Given your time limit I would seriously consider Silver Lake Flat. Besides the fishing, the scenery is awesome.
[signature]